Adventures in couponing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbrosky1

Reaction score
I had an organized shopping spree at Lowes Foods for Super Doubles. My out of pocket is$196 for the groceries in both pics.
image.jpg

Yes,very nice!My wife is a serious couponer too,it's one of the only ways we can afford to keep stocking.Takes dedication and patience,but the pay off is well worth the effort ;).

Couponing is great, but only to a point were I live. I only have one store that doubles and triples and only up to 50 cents, but I have been able to score a few items for free and a few others for vey little. I did run across a price reduction sell today on chicken that was 25 cents a pound so I got 30 lbs!

The Lowes Foods Super Doubles doubles coupons that are up to $2. Lots of stuff for free or cheap. This is how I prep. The v8 splash, pasta, sauce, gravy mixes, taco seasons, baked beans, evaporated milk, potatoes, and chicken helpers go into long term storage. I can stockpile lots of foods of a wide variety for a decent sum. I had hopes the Old Spice bar soap was in stock cause the two packs are free after coupon. Oh well.

the nearest Lowes Food store to me is 200 miles..to bad for me.on acount thier prolly better then wal mart

That is AWESOME! I coupon every week and I save about $300 each month! I have found that if I do not coupon it is hard to prep! Coupons are out there for so much more that just food as well!!! I do two large shopping trip a year and that is when I save the most! The first one of the year is within weeks away and the next time I do it is in Oct!
I spend about 14 hrs a week on coupons! I love it so much! I found that the more I do the more I find many items for FREE!!!

say mama..i know about coupons.com and couponmom.com...what other sites are there that you know about?

My out of pocket is$196
Saved $306

*bows* "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Amazing.... I feel I'm doing good if I save $100 on a $250 trip. (i.e. $350 worth of groceries for $250) That's about my average savings.

*bows* "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Amazing.... I feel I'm doing good if I save $100 on a $250 trip. (i.e. $350 worth of groceries for $250) That's about my average savings.
Keep going you will be able to get it up there in savings if you keep up with it! And never discount the savings that you are able to do! No matter how much the savings, you just need to remind yourself that is how much in FREE items you now have!! HINT: Try to match up the sales to go with your coupons! And that all coupons (for the most part) will not match up until about three weeks after they come out!!! That took me a year to realize!

Gearing up for one of my biggest shopping trips of the year! Tomorrow, I will get my next set of 10 papers! The first weekend of every month has a great deal of coupons in them! Sunday's paper will have at least 3 inserts RED PLUM, SMART SOURCE, and P&G!! Again, I will get 10 of them! I will do the same thing for the next two weeks and then its time to go!

My goal for this big trip is to save over $300!!

Gearing up for one of my biggest shopping trips of the year! Tomorrow, I will get my next set of 10 papers! The first weekend of every month has a great deal of coupons in them! Sunday's paper will have at least 3 inserts RED PLUM, SMART SOURCE, and P&G!! Again, I will get 10 of them! I will do the same thing for the next two weeks and then its time to go!

My goal for this big trip is to save over $300!!
im in awe! do you just use papers, or do you get some online?

Latest posts

Back