Adventures in couponing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, Listen I don't think you should use and coupon sites! As pointed out to me by Mr. jimLE it is bad "juju beans" meaning that you get like spy wear and such. SORRY NOT MUCH ON COMPUTERS! but he said its not good!

I do my coupons the old school way by getting them in the paper. I did use some from on line before, now I know what my problem is with my computer.:oops: For the most part paper coupons from your papers work best I found. I buy many every week, and cut them, sort them, put them in my binders, and ad match! You have to work at it every week and get many copies of each for them to give you the best return!

thats just it mama..not all coupon sites are like that..it's just a matter of going with the right one..you have made a good point about news papers thoe.and as for the one down load that eneded up on my pc..just gotta watch out for it..and make sure it aint down loaded untill someone knows its a ok program or not..im give my pc 4 to 8 days before decideing any thing

I order coupons from couponclippers.com when I'm not able to score free papers. I also use apps like Ibotta, savingstar, checkout51, and Favado. The first three are similar to digital coupons. The last is an app that matches sales to coupons. This week, lowes foods has Angel soft 4 packs for 10/$10 and coupon is .45¢ which doubles putting toilet paper at .10¢ a pack. That's a huge stock up price for me.

im in awe! do you just use papers, or do you get some online?

Brent,
Yes, I only use paper coupons. It is a pain to do on line coupons and you go thru a lot of ink, and most times you can only use two of the printed coupons at check out. The coupons that you can load on to your reward cards WILL NOT double:(! I but 10 .50 cent papers on Fridays (limited coupons in them but any is better than none) and then I buy 5 $2.00 papers on Sunday. Total $15.00/ week and that pays for itself with my savings! It takes time to build up but well worth it! Good luck, I hope that you give it a try! I will offer what ever I can. I don't know it all, but I have been doing this for 3 years so I figured out many tricks and planning tips!;)

I order coupons from couponclippers.com when I'm not able to score free papers. I also use apps like Ibotta, savingstar, checkout51, and Favado. The first three are similar to digital coupons. The last is an app that matches sales to coupons. This week, lowes foods has Angel soft 4 packs for 10/$10 and coupon is .45¢ which doubles putting toilet paper at .10¢ a pack. That's a huge stock up price for me.

You got that right! I offer this to you, make sure you know the stores terms when it comes to how many of each kind that they will let you use per order. I don't like loadable coupons because, HERE they will not double them! I have friends that drop off coupons for home made laundry soap! Then I buy the rest. 15 copies every week! So, like when there is a deal like you found I will can get 15 deals!!! LOVE THAT!! HELPS SO MUCH!! Now, that maybe to many for you but we are a family of 5. Our kids are teens and a pre teen so I need lots of everything! LOL

Good luck and Happy COUPONING!

HINT: Try to match up the sales to go with your coupons! And that all coupons (for the most part) will not match up until about three weeks after they come out!!! That took me a year to realize!

Publix, a chain here in the Southeast, is awesome about correlating their sales with national coupons. Sadly, hard to do any "doubling" in my state, just isn't done by anyone anymore. Still, we do manage to save well, and on things we actually use. Pretty much, in a full grocery cart, probably only a handful of items aren't on sale, and without coupons. Nearly everything in the cart has some kind of savings attached (and the vase majority is on sale AND with coupons).

Publix, a chain here in the Southeast, is awesome about correlating their sales with national coupons. Sadly, hard to do any "doubling" in my state, just isn't done by anyone anymore. Still, we do manage to save well, and on things we actually use. Pretty much, in a full grocery cart, probably only a handful of items aren't on sale, and without coupons. Nearly everything in the cart has some kind of savings attached (and the vase majority is on sale AND with coupons).

I go to Publix, too! They double to .99 here. I enjoy their BOGO sales. Did you know that you can use a coupon on the one you buy and on the free one? Just love saving money!!!:cool:

Brent,
Yes, I only use paper coupons. It is a pain to do on line coupons and you go thru a lot of ink, and most times you can only use two of the printed coupons at check out. The coupons that you can load on to your reward cards WILL NOT double:(! I but 10 .50 cent papers on Fridays (limited coupons in them but any is better than none) and then I buy 5 $2.00 papers on Sunday. Total $15.00/ week and that pays for itself with my savings! It takes time to build up but well worth it! Good luck, I hope that you give it a try! I will offer what ever I can. I don't know it all, but I have been doing this for 3 years so I figured out many tricks and planning tips!;)
I'm siked! Haven't bought a paper in ages, but will get this Sundays. I live so far out they won't even deliver them here, but are at all the gas stations.

my store gives coupons when you buy too.... i wish I had the patients my dad use to coupon and do all the shopping... he liked to micro manage money and dont talk to him about investing lol he would have a feild trip if he had online investing back then.... lol

Did you know that you can use a coupon on the one you buy and on the free one?

NO! I didn't! Wow, never even thought of that. THANKS! That's downright funny when you think of it.

Another thing. at Publix, if something is 3 for this much, or 4 for this much, etc. you don't actually have to buy that number to get the discount.

NO! I didn't! Wow, never even thought of that. THANKS! That's downright funny when you think of it.

Another thing. at Publix, if something is 3 for this much, or 4 for this much, etc. you don't actually have to buy that number to get the discount.

LOL! Yes, make sure that you do, get the most you can for the least you can. Thank you that information. I didn't know that!!

Now, is the time that everyone should use them. With this weather, that has done so much damage all over the U.S. we are in for a mega jump, in everything. Monthly bills across the board are going to jump and we already know that food is. Now, add the crops that suffered. It will get harder and harder to get your "normal" shopping done with what one will have left.

*Shortage in fuels, crop damage, drought, and long term server back to back storms, spells TROUBLE AHEAD!!

I'm sure it's going to get ugly in the near future, just be wise with the money you get and keep preparing, that's about the best we can do.

I'm sure it's going to get ugly in the near future, just be wise with the money you get and keep preparing, that's about the best we can do.

Thank you, Brent!
I am planing very carefully each item. I have been working on what store has what and how much. I may not be able to get all that I want to feel more comfortable, but I will be to get what I need! A lot of DIY projects with a recycled items. The RESTORE is a great place!

To all new members,
See, this is the kind of wonderful and caring help that is offered here!:) That is what makes this site a family! I am blessed to be a part of this family!

Coupon day!:D Today is my busy day and one of my most exciting days!:)
I was planning to buy a paper this Sunday, mostly for the coupons. It's getting pretty bad at the grocery stores as our dollar is getting weaker. I don't listen to the economists, I guage everything off a simple economic indicator. I saw the pack of mini snickers bars that has been a dollar for a long time, it's a dollar fifty now! That's it the shtf allready, I give up!!! Seriously, where are you getting your coupons on fir, or are you just shopping with them today?

our coupons are in the wensday papers so make sure coupons are there before buying
Good morning Jim! I didn't even know they put coupons in any other than Sunday. I'll check it out. Unfortunately I'm going to do some shopping today as I have it off, but no coupons yet. I'm just getting day to day stuff though. Hope you have a good day.

Latest posts

Back