Added another Ka Bar

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful uploading pix from phones, every phone camera adds a stack of metadata to the image, and if the phones GPS tracking is on it will add that too. Download a copy of exiftool(-k) and see for yourself. Just drop a picture onto the program icon and you'll get a DOS page of info on the picture.
https://www.downloadcrew.com/article/25754-exiftool
When uploading personal photos it's best to display it on your computer screen and take a screenshot with the print screen key, save and post that.

ka bar.jpg

I cut the top of the sheath off because I often carry it jammed in the front of my pants under a tee shirt. The top gets in the way when drawing the knife and isn't needed for this sort of use since the locking bump at the top keeps the knife secure anyway. If you do this, do it with the sheath inverted or you will get metal filings down inside when you hacksaw it off. At least on the older style ones.

I bought a new one from the camping shop a while back "For cash obviously" and I'm pretty happy with it, though the build quality isn't as good and it's a demon to get out of the sheath. I'll have to modify that too but I won't cut the top off it, just make it so it pops out relatively easily. Must have been designed for Airborne troops.

ka new.jpg

Be careful uploading pix from phones, every phone camera adds a stack of metadata to the image, and if the phones GPS tracking is on it will add that too. Download a copy of exiftool(-k) and see for yourself. Just drop a picture onto the program icon and you'll get a DOS page of info on the picture.
https://www.downloadcrew.com/article/25754-exiftool
When uploading personal photos it's best to display it on your computer screen and take a screenshot with the print screen key, save and post that.

View attachment 13640

I cut the top of the sheath off because I often carry it jammed in the front of my pants under a tee shirt. The top gets in the way when drawing the knife and isn't needed for this sort of use since the locking bump at the top keeps the knife secure anyway. If you do this, do it with the sheath inverted or you will get metal filings down inside when you hacksaw it off. At least on the older style ones.

I bought a new one from the camping shop a while back "For cash obviously" and I'm pretty happy with it, though the build quality isn't as good and it's a demon to get out of the sheath. I'll have to modify that too but I won't cut the top off it, just make it so it pops out relatively easily. Must have been designed for Airborne troops.

View attachment 13641
I want one of these sheaths also.

Latest posts

Back