above ground bomb shelters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayghost668

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
now I live where digging a hole is near impossible but I am thing about this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

grain silos they come in all kind of sizes,,,this one is 16ft x 12ft tall and can be had for $1000,,,,

I am thinking you won't need all of it when it is reassembled just use enough to get a 7ft or 8ft tall structure ,,,,

pour a slab inside of it put a water proof coating on it,,build a form around it then bring in fill dirt enough to have a minimum of 2ft of soil around the sides,before covering the top remember the form,,,we are pouring concrete in it,,,,now you have what should be a very strong long lasting shell,,,
now the top a frame work of steel I beams with concrete poured around 20 inches thick
the original door will need replaced with a BLAST DOOR with a escape hatch in the roof
94305649_10158096450401101_4354578044749348864_o.jpg

GG some years ago a chap in your country did something very similar as to what you suggested, BUT what they did was to put Rebar mesh grids some inches away from the skin of the grainstore, then covered it with " shotcrete" to give it much more blast resistance AND radiation protection. A later version they talked about had concrete formed plant holders all over the surface.

Latest posts

Back