A thought just occurred to me

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
When the SDHTF the majority of people are going to be bugging out, roads are goin to be congested with traffic, people who havent been prepping are going to be panicking.
Would it be better to join the throngs bugging out with all its inherrant problems or would it be better to bug in?

That would depend on where you live, I live way out in the country away from any large city, so I'm bugging in, we have our preps ready, and defenses set up. However if I lived in a city I would definitely buggout in fact I would buggout today, find me a nice place in the country and avoid the rush when TSHTF. But thats just me I hate cities anyway.

i've lived in town and in the country..i deffently choose the country..i live 6 to 10 minutes out from town.and i love it that way.open land on each side of the home i live in.only obstructions is a barn on one side.and bails of hay on another..

Your damned if you do, damned if you don't. Should plan alternate routes that doesn't rely on main arteries. Most of the Doomsday Preppers on the TV show have routes that most people don't use like river canals, sewers, things like that. They also practice the route to see if it is viable physically, not just on a theoretical level. Also what if it is a lock down by the military? Then bugging out might not be an option. Prepare for both.

Your damned if you do, damned if you don't. Should plan alternate routes that doesn't rely on main arteries. Most of the Doomsday Preppers on the TV show have routes that most people don't use like river canals, sewers, things like that. They also practice the route to see if it is viable physically, not just on a theoretical level. Also what if it is a lock down by the military? Then bugging out might not be an option. Prepare for both.

i agree.a 4x4 truck or jeep that'll get ya across land as well as roads..i've looked a lil bit at arial hybrid photo view of the area i live in to see if i can do that in a truck or not..and of coruse id have to take bolt cutters and saws along.(which id keep on hand).on acount there'd be barbed wire fenching and tree branchs id have to contend with..

When the SDHTF the majority of people are going to be bugging out, roads are goin to be congested with traffic, people who havent been prepping are going to be panicking.
Would it be better to join the throngs bugging out with all its inherrant problems or would it be better to bug in?
This is something I have thought about often and each time I settle on what to do I end up thinking of several more reasons why I should do the opposite.
That would depend on where you live, I live way out in the country away from any large city, so I'm bugging in, we have our preps ready, and defenses set up. However if I lived in a city I would definitely buggout in fact I would buggout today, find me a nice place in the country and avoid the rush when TSHTF. But thats just me I hate cities anyway.
If I could get out of this crap hole a.k.a. kalifornia I would do it this minute... but i am a hostage here.

Latest posts

Back