Quantcast

A question for those that run the board

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
First of all, please let me say that I really do enjoy this forum a great deal. I joined a different forum under a different ID and unfortunately, that forum is awful to people that are not in the 'in' crowd.
The members on this board have been very welcoming and you don't know how appreciated that is, on the other board I am snubbed continually simply because I won't sugar coat things and feed it to them with a baby spoon. I don't tolerate stupid and I have little patience for those that like to play games. If someone needs to pull their head out of their ###, I'll let them know about it. It's who I am and what you get here is what you would get if you were sitting on my porch sippin' a lemonade.

I like to chat with people that don't have their head in the clouds and can appreciate a good conversation. So far, that is what I've found here. I have a lifetime of experience in things that might actually be useful to someone and I don't mind sharing if someone wants to know. Boy, now that came out a conceited, didn't it. Sorry, once again, this is me on cold meds, not pretty.

Okay, now for my question. What are trophy points?

SSgt.

Reaction score
I dont run the board but I can help you out with your question. Trophy points are acquired through activity on the board such as posts and likes you receive. If you click on the actual number under trophy points, you will see why you have the points you do. Or you can also click view all available trophys and see a list of everything possible to get.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First of all, please let me say that I really do enjoy this forum a great deal. I joined a different forum under a different ID and unfortunately, that forum is awful to people that are not in the 'in' crowd.
The members on this board have been very welcoming and you don't know how appreciated that is, on the other board I am snubbed continually simply because I won't sugar coat things and feed it to them with a baby spoon. I don't tolerate stupid and I have little patience for those that like to play games. If someone needs to pull their head out of their ###, I'll let them know about it. It's who I am and what you get here is what you would get if you were sitting on my porch sippin' a lemonade.

I like to chat with people that don't have their head in the clouds and can appreciate a good conversation. So far, that is what I've found here. I have a lifetime of experience in things that might actually be useful to someone and I don't mind sharing if someone wants to know. Boy, now that came out a conceited, didn't it. Sorry, once again, this is me on cold meds, not pretty.

Okay, now for my question. What are trophy points?
I appreciate your honesty. I am curious if the other website you joined is the one I am thinking of. I went on one, and was blasted, because I to call 'em like I see 'em!
I don't do stupid well either.

I am glad your question was answered for you.

Don't hesitate to post more should you have any other questions.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Nice to see I was right about the company around here. Thank you kindly.

Bravery

Reaction score
I joined several other groups... but frankly, I was bored by them. No personality, no sense of camaraderie, no humor. That's why I like this board ... full of personality, there is camaraderie, lots of humor, and with valuable information.

Shenandoah

Reaction score
All I can say is "Dittos"!!
I joined another forum a year or two ago and quickly became disgusted... I went back a time or two over the course of several months, it just went from bad to worse. I am grateful to have found you guys! What a breath of fresh air!!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Mountain*Heart

Reaction score
I agree to all the above. I have been on MANY prepper sites. I found pretty much all the others, how do i put this, seem to have an attitude or opinion toward lady preppers especially if single, which I am. Now I hope everyone doesn't get their panties in a bunch but the vibe was there. It's hard to explain especially since we don't verbally communicate but it's the way things are worded or phrased, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, this site is so helpful, kind, humorous (which is a good thing), seems genuinely caring and most of all not judging. Thank you all so much.!

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Let me see if I can put it into words for you Mountain Heart. It's the "It's alright little lady, we're here to protect you as long as you stay purty, put out, wash our clothes, cook our food, and clean our crap" mentality put off by some of the moronic mall ninjas who fancy themselves as end of the world gangster type bad asses. Does that about sum it up?

They don't fly to far around here. The bs radar goes off and someone blows them out of the sky. Seriously, when someone starts disrespecting a member, it gets stopped in a heartbeat. We are family here and that is how it is ran. We're proud of that. We've got kids on here, heck, my own daughter is a member on here and I know that if someone gave her guff while I wasn't around, it would be dealt with. Women are respected here. Men are respected here. That's what makes us different, it's not all talk about killing this group and eating their faces and capturing their women.

Anyhow, that's me and I shall now hop off of my caffeine infused soapbox and take a bow! Welcome to the forum again! If anyone gives you any trouble, you shoot me a line, okay? I really doubt it will ever happen, we tease and josh here, but nothing is ever mean.

Mountain*Heart

Reaction score
Let me see if I can put it into words for you Mountain Heart. It's the "It's alright little lady, we're here to protect you as long as you stay purty, put out, wash our clothes, cook our food, and clean our crap" mentality put off by some of the moronic mall ninjas who fancy themselves as end of the world gangster type bad asses. Does that about sum it up?

They don't fly to far around here. The bs radar goes off and someone blows them out of the sky. Seriously, when someone starts disrespecting a member, it gets stopped in a heartbeat. We are family here and that is how it is ran. We're proud of that. We've got kids on here, heck, my own daughter is a member on here and I know that if someone gave her guff while I wasn't around, it would be dealt with. Women are respected here. Men are respected here. That's what makes us different, it's not all talk about killing this group and eating their faces and capturing their women.

Anyhow, that's me and I shall now hop off of my caffeine infused soapbox and take a bow! Welcome to the forum again! If anyone gives you any trouble, you shoot me a line, okay? I really doubt it will ever happen, we tease and josh here, but nothing is ever mean.
LOL..you hit the nail on the head! Thank you so much for the comeback. With a smile on my face and heart that is very appreciated.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Not a problem at all. I've seen it on other boards and I've had a few pissing contests with a couple of mall ninjas myself and had myself banned from a few boards for it. Eh, so they can pee standing up, so can I if I spraddle my legs and lean back far enough, big deal.

Mountain*Heart

Reaction score
Not a problem at all. I've seen it on other boards and I've had a few pissing contests with a couple of mall ninjas myself and had myself banned from a few boards for it. Eh, so they can pee standing up, so can I if I spraddle my legs and lean back far enough, big deal.[/quote

all i can say is...LMAO!!!...thank you for that!

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Not a problem at all. I've seen it on other boards and I've had a few pissing contests with a couple of mall ninjas myself and had myself banned from a few boards for it. Eh, so they can pee standing up, so can I if I spraddle my legs and lean back far enough, big deal.
I fall more in love with this women every day!!!