A question for the more seasoned preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would suck for folks that have horses. Horses seem to be one of the more fragile land creatures. I really don’t see how horses or dogs survived before there were vets that charged thousands of dollars over the life of the animal.

LOL. Prolific propagation.

That would suck for folks that have horses. Horses seem to be one of the more fragile land creatures. I really don’t see how horses or dogs survived before there were vets that charged thousands of dollars over the life of the animal.
I've always done my own vet work on horses and cattle. The only time I use a vet is for preg testing cows and trich testing bulls.

I used to do a lot of fishing in the ocean around the south island and Stewart Island. Caught a lot crays too. Good eating. With all that ocean I dont know how anyone could ever go hungry.
For some people it's comes down to access. It's about 33 miles/53km to the nearest beach to me. Not far by some countries standards but some people don't have a car or gear or knowledge.

All the native birds and land animals are protected. Native fish in rivers and streams are protected. You're supposed to have a license to fish for trout. Most people wouldn't take too kindly to strangers showing up on their land even if it is to hunt/trap pests.

NZ isn't the clean green flourishing paradise it portrays itself as to the world. Most of the rivers and streams are so polluted they're not safe to wade in let alone swim in and our native fauna can't handle pollution. We've over fished and over exported everything we can. NZ produces enough food to feed 40 million people each year but exports most of it and leaves it's citizens with the overpriced dregs. Poverty and food insecurity is increasing each year here.

Not meaning to rant but NZ has been insidiously going to h*ll in a handbasket for decades and everything points to it only getting worse. There's a reason 1 in 6 kiwi citizens choose to live overseas and lot more would leave if they could.

Sorry, nothing beyond the first paragraph was aimed at you ArticDude, you're awesome. I just get frustrated with how things are here.

Can you get Coturnix quails instead, friend? My tiny flock lay a whole bunch of eggs daily and the males are almost silent as long as they have females to mate. Eggs can be brooded out making more birdies for meat for dinner. Not trying to upset anyone here - just saying.
I would love to but the landlord is adament I have no animals besides my dogs.

you mention possums ,I have lived here in Arkansas since 2004,,,, I have never seen one here not even as road kill,,, they have to be here,,, I have been all over the US and have seen them in most states,,,,,,,,,,, they are hiding from me
All I have to do to trap possums is to leave the lid off of the garbage can, LOL

Latest posts

Back