A Prepping Journal

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you keep a preppers journal?

• yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • no

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
yup, i know some members may write books, some write survival guides, but what about the rest of us?
yes, i think its pretty important to practice every bit, till you have it memorized, but how about your family? your wife? your kids?
what i mean by this, is what if you're the "ultimate prepper", SHTF, you and your family head off, and BAM! some asshole takes you out, but your family makes it (so, so many scenarios can be played out here)? will they know what to do? how to make shelter? purify water? hunt/trap food? among various other "how too's"?
i think having a preppers journal and/or survival guide may be a great option.

yup, i know some members may write books, some write survival guides, but what about the rest of us?
yes, i think its pritty important to practice every bit, till you have it memorized, but how about your family? your wife? your kids?
what i mean by this, is what if you're the "ultamite prepper", SHTF, you and your family head off, and BAM! some asshole takes you out, but your family makes it (so, so many scenarios can be played out here)? will they know what to do? how to make shelter? purify water? hunt/trap food? among various other "how too's"?

I think you are onto something there Krime. I have been mapping out water locations in my local mountains, i know them by heart but my family has no clue, well shouldn't say no clue, my wife could find it with a map an compass.

yes, i think its pritty important to practice every bit, till you have it memorized, but how about your family? your wife? your kids?
what i mean by this, is what if you're the "ultamite prepper", SHTF, you and your family head off, and BAM! some asshole takes you out, but your family makes it (so, so many scenarios can be played out here)? will they know what to do? how to make shelter? purify water? hunt/trap food? among various other "how too's"?
You really have a good point there..

I do not keep a preppers journal, but I keep a personal journal, I write and print every night. Sort of a cronicle of my life and thoughts. The wife has been laughing at how much shorter it is now that I joined here, not enough time to spread around LOL. I have written 1 and 2/3 books, neither of which I have tried to have published. 1 was when I was younger, and now just seems like a comedy. the other was abandoned last year when I realized 1 how much my thoughts differed from the 1st one, and 2 I figured if I ever tried to publish I would be assasinated LMAO. I am currently working on a 3rd titled How I became a millionaire, and you can too. But if i dont make it, it will be worthless. If I do, I dont want people calling me greedy, so I cant have it published. Thats a decision I will have to make then LOL.

My wife was raised in southern WV. as well,so she is from mountain people. She has a good a chance at survival alone as any man would.
My 3 sons were all raised country, were all scouts. Trained since young, weapons, traps, primitive camping, etc. Though as they age they fail to see the importance of any of it. They help us around the farm, but I think its only a means to get what they want. LOL
I often fear that thier lack of seriousness about global economys, natural disasters, etc. escapes thier thought processes. Many of the younger generations have simply joined the herd, and assume it will be taken care of for them. Like any kids thier rebellion is doing everything I dont want them too. but they are grown, well 2 are, one being 22 the other 20. My youngest is almost 18, he is a little redneck so he is all into prepping.

The truth is none of us know if we will make it home from work next week, Prepping isnt just a SHTF senerio, it is a lifestyle, my wife and I have made plans for either of us checking out earlier than expected. The other will be able to continue on comforatably. I wont have to spend a small fortune a year on shoes, She will sell off the rentals, and stocks and bonds, and be ok. Hopefully the boys will take over the company, to keep its few people working. Between her cleaning company, and share of my company if it stands, life insurance, and real estate, she will be good till old.
If you died tonight is your spouse prepared?

Actually I've been thinking I need to start making some video on how to do certain things only problem is the only camera I have is a still camera it will do video but it only takes a 2 gig memory card.

Actually I've been thinking I need to start making some video on how to do certain things only problem is the only camera I have is a still camera it will do video but it only takes a 2 gig memory card.
Can't you get a bigger card ?

I do not keep a preppers journal, but I keep a personal journal, I write and print every night. Sort of a cronicle of my life and thoughts. The wife has been laughing at how much shorter it is now that I joined here, not enough time to spread around LOL. I have written 1 and 2/3 books, neither of which I have tried to have published. 1 was when I was younger, and now just seems like a comedy. the other was abandoned last year when I realized 1 how much my thoughts differed from the 1st one, and 2 I figured if I ever tried to publish I would be assasinated LMAO. I am currently working on a 3rd titled How I became a millionaire, and you can too. But if i dont make it, it will be worthless. If I do, I dont want people calling me greedy, so I cant have it published. Thats a decision I will have to make then LOL.

My wife was raised in southern WV. as well,so she is from mountain people. She has a good a chance at survival alone as any man would.
My 3 sons were all raised country, were all scouts. Trained since young, weapons, traps, primitive camping, etc. Though as they age they fail to see the importance of any of it. They help us around the farm, but I think its only a means to get what they want. LOL
I often fear that thier lack of seriousness about global economys, natural disasters, etc. escapes thier thought processes. Many of the younger generations have simply joined the herd, and assume it will be taken care of for them. Like any kids thier rebellion is doing everything I dont want them too. but they are grown, well 2 are, one being 22 the other 20. My youngest is almost 18, he is a little redneck so he is all into prepping.

The truth is none of us know if we will make it home from work next week, Prepping isnt just a SHTF senerio, it is a lifestyle, my wife and I have made plans for either of us checking out earlier than expected. The other will be able to continue on comforatably. I wont have to spend a small fortune a year on shoes, She will sell off the rentals, and stocks and bonds, and be ok. Hopefully the boys will take over the company, to keep its few people working. Between her cleaning company, and share of my company if it stands, life insurance, and real estate, she will be good till old.
LOL @ shoes!

nah, we're poor so no stocks n bonds etc, but the silver lining is, if one of us go, we know how to live within our means.
my wife and kids will get social security if i die because of my years of hard work ive put in already though, and i do have quite a large family on both my father/mothers side that i know would help them/me out if something occured.

LOL, isnt 2G like 80hrs of video?

LOL, isnt 2G like 80hrs of video?

Hmmm... Right now it has a 512mb card in it which will do about 2 min video so maybe a 2 gig card might do videos suitable for Youtube. under 10 min. I see 2 gig cards on Ebay for about $20. Guess I'll have to get one

Hmmm... Right now it has a 512mb card in it which will do about 2 min video so maybe a 2 gig card might do videos suitable for Youtube. under 10 min. I see 2 gig cards on Ebay for about $20. Guess I'll have to get one
$20 for a 2G???
screw that crap!
wal-mart has 2G for like $8

shop around !

i just went to e-Bay and typed in: 2G memory card and the very first one was $5.49 w/free shipping

That just helped me put it in perspective. Makes me think about more than a shtf scenario .thanks hades

In my world Everyday is a shtf day. Some days just more of it. LOL
Prepping to me is just a thought of mind, people prep for anything, a wedding, a parents inevitable death, the posibility of a childs death. Some like me choose to "try" and prep for everything. Years ago, I was not prepared for anything. I ran through life blind, thinking I could not save because I was trying to survive. I lost my job in WV, and everything was getting turned off. I borrowed enough money to leave, came to NC. I found a job and started over with nothing but loving family. Worked jobs, and survived. The bills from my past still haunted me, and I still could not figure out how to pay them. I eventually filed bankrupcy. that payment was still well over 1,000 a month, plus all living expences current, rent- utilities, etc.
When a person files bankrupcy in NC, they are required to take money managment classes. It was the beginning to a whole eye opening experience. 95% of people that ever file bankrupcy never finish it. (they are in dire straights by the time they try, and are unwilling to change thier situation, to make it different) I wasnt one of them. I took my second chance and ran with it. Anyone who says they dont have extra money to do this or that, well financially S has hit the fan for you. you are 2 steps from bankrupcy and its by choice. I think I will start a thread on this subject to personnally be of any assistance I can for anyone. OR anyone can start a personal conversation with me by clicking on
my name, and start conversation. I would prefer to do it in the open, so the many that are shy, can relate to thier own lives.
SHTF has happened several times in my life BECAUSE i was unprepared. A situation I plan to never be in again. I own my own company now, I employ people, so does my wife, I have rentals, I buy what I want when I want, and have earned every cent.

Get your everyday lives in order my friends, and you will be more prepared for ANYTHING. We all talk about disasters, many of us are walking disasters waiting to happen right now. PREPPING is not just stashing a bunch of stuff, or having maps to somewhere. A hundred guns, and 10,000 bullets wont help you if that is all you have. Prepping is a mental state of mind, of being aware of where you are, where you want to be, where you dont want to be, but what you need if you find yourself where you dont want to be. Everything else takes care of itself.
We owe it to our loved ones, to have our feet on solid ground, everyday. If they are not.................S has already hit the fan for you.
Seek knowledge, overcome obsticles( many can be gone around not over) PREPARE. Snakeshit

started thet thread in Off Topic called Not enough money left every week to prep.

yes, i think its pretty important to practice every bit, till you have it memorized, but how about your family? your wife? your kids?
what i mean by this, is what if you're the "ultimate prepper", SHTF, you and your family head off, and BAM! some asshole takes you out, but your family makes it (so, so many scenarios can be played out here)? will they know what to do? how to make shelter? purify water? hunt/trap food? among various other "how too's"?
This is a great idea! Thanks for making this thread!
I am trying to train the kids on what to do and how to do things in the event I am taken out.

i didnt keep one until you put it like that im gonna have to now

there are other uses for the journal too.
say you do build a homestead/community, and you take in one guy/girl that knows absolutly shit about anything, lost cause right? not if you sit them down with your preppers manual (journal), and after maybe some hands on experience, their a survival help to you.

there are other uses for the journal too.
say you do build a homestead/community, and you take in one guy/girl that knows absolutly shit about anything, lost cause right? not if you sit them down with your preppers manual (journal), and after maybe some hands on experience, their a survival help to you.

to be fair one guy from my team is already printing and laminating books full of usefull info but i think that only by writin it yourself will you get the best manual for your area and surroundings thanks krime

Latest posts

Back