A Prepper Mind

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Idk about everybody else, but my whole life is centered around prepping.
Not that everything i do is prepper, but i constantly think, "what would i do if shtf right now".
What do i have at that moment, what would i want to have.
I also look at things much differently. Little things, like this phone im on for ie. I could arch the battery and create fire, i could use the circute board n make an arrowhead, its a flashlight when on etc.
I sit and think of different ways i could use even the simplest of stuff.
All the idems might not help me post-shtf, as much as this mindset might.

Learn my friends, learn as much as you can while you can!

Not that everything i do is prepper, but i constantly think, "what would i do if shtf right now".
I also look at things much differently. Little things, like this phone im on for ie. I could arch the battery and create fire, i could use the circute board n make an arrowhead, its a flashlight when on etc.

My wife and I have had Survival Blankets even before we were married and anybody ever heard of Preppers. We're talking 45 years. We have always been aware of it. We have always had this "awareness" about us. Some thing we act on some others we don't.

but i constantly think, "what would i do if shtf right now".

must admit am finding myself thinking more and more along these lines, was at work today nd suddenly realised i could use that grab pole as a weapon and those parcel bungees to tie the doors shut if needs be. am constantly looking around for options, FOR JUST IN CASE

must admit am finding myself thinking more and more along these lines, was at work today nd suddenly realised i could use that grab pole as a weapon and those parcel bungees to tie the doors shut if needs be. am constantly looking around for options, FOR JUST IN CASE
Your seriously hooked on Prepping. ;)

I think for anyone planning to bug out it would be continuous. For anyone that plans to die pretty much where they are, over the years it just becomes continuos work. lol
Everything in the connexes has to be changed out as it expires, Everything else just needs maintainance, and added to. even the complex itself.
We try to add 1,000 square feet a year. ( 3-8x40 connex) between 3 locations. The need has changed as our 3 sons have gotten older, now 22-20-18, it will soon need to house thier wives, and own kids if they continue to live close. but like you said, it is a continious work in progress no matter which path you are on.

If you think about it even before we became preppers we were always prepping for things in life one way or another. Birthdays Christmas thanksgiving new jobs and all have prepared us in different ways for what we are doing right now.

Same here, and that's the best mindset to have, although I always keep a 72hr bag in my vehicle in case shtf while I'm out...just enough supplies to get myself and possibly one other back to the house where the actuall bug-out gear is stored.

Same here, and that's the best mindset to have, although I always keep a 72hr bag in my vehicle in case shtf while I'm out...just enough supplies to get myself and possibly one other back to the house where the actuall bug-out gear is stored.
That is something I keep saying I am going to put together and keep putting it off. I really need one because if my ex has my son when the SHTF I am going to have to go 15 miles to get him and God knows how long a short trip like that will take!

I guess you could say that I grew up indoctrinated with prepper mentality. Be raised on a working family farm, you are continually planning on what comes next. Anything you use in your daily life, it becomes automatic to think of how many other ways the item can be used. For an example: A simple, metal pail used for milking the cows can become a quick stove if you punch holes around the lip and flip it over coal or small flame, it can become a cooking vessel when used over a fire, it will carry your water for you, hold sand or dirt to put a fire out, it can be used as a chamber pot, and the list could go on for awhile; all for a simple metal milk pail.

I try to make sure that I have very few one purpose only possessions here, almost anything around can be used for something you need if you think about it. A length of pvc pipe with one end capped can carry water or store dried beans. Please pardon me for rambling, but I've got a raging sinus infection and the meds have me a bit woozy.

i have always been a prepper at heart. i was the one who bought the first aid kits for each member of the house. every room in my parent's house has a fire extinguisher. i always had extra batteries, phone chargers, flashlights, toilet paper. etc.

I guess I was a prepper before prepping "was cool". I first started canning when I was 19 years old and self taught out of a book. I mainly did it because I was interested and it was finacially beneficial (living on my own). I have been doing these thing since. . . gardening, canning, making my own laundry detergent, ect . . . and in the next few months will be making my own butter, cheese, slaughtering a steer for beef, a hog for bacon, hams and smoking, It's not just prepping, but a simpler, cheapier way of life. This is how our ancestors survived and this is how we will survive.

Latest posts

Back