A newbie true and through from Nashville, Tennessee

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHitWonder

Reaction score
First of all, let me straighten something out. I am only 14 years old. I don't want people criticizing me for being young and inexperienced. I came her to gather and share information.

Ok, now that we have that taken care of, My name is Michael. I'm 14 years old and I guess I'm a "closet prepper" if that exists. No one knows about it except me and however else reads this. I have a 12 gauge propped against my dresser as well. I am an avid marksman and I shoot almost weekly both in my backyard and at a range, so I'm hoping that skill will come in handy when the time comes.

I had a minor obsession with collecting military supplies before I started all of this, so no one bats an eye at the fact that I have a backpack full of MREs and medical supplies in my closet.

Like I said, I came to this site to give and gather information. I hope I stick around, as I tend to join internet forums and forget about them. Tootles for now!

First of all, let me straighten something out. I am only 14 years old. I don't want people criticizing me for being young and inexperienced. I came her to gather and share information.

Ok, now that we have that taken care of, My name is Michael. I'm 14 years old and I guess I'm a "closet prepper" if that exists. No one knows about it except me and however else reads this. I have a 12 gauge propped against my dresser as well. I am an avid marksman and I shoot almost weekly both in my backyard and at a range, so I'm hoping that skill will come in handy when the time comes.

I had a minor obsession with collecting military supplies before I started all of this, so no one bats an eye at the fact that I have a backpack full of MREs and medical supplies in my closet.

Like I said, I came to this site to give and gather information. I hope I stick around, as I tend to join internet forums and forget about them. Tootles for now!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

A Warm Welcome! Good that you are starting at an early age. Most kids only think of tablets and video games

Welcome :D I was a closet prepper for about a year. I'm still a teen but think that age doesn't matter when it comes to prepping. Look around and enjoy the site

Welcome. Try not to be so defensive about your age. We have other young folks around here and you guys are all more than welcome. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact, it's better to get at it at your age than to wait until you're 40 like so may people do these days. Like Overlord said, most kids I know are into video games and tv. They NEVER get out and shoot, or do ANYTHING in the woods... No survivalist skill, no woodcraft... It seems the only folks I know who's kids are prepping are all in Boy Scouts, and even that has started to lean away from the survivalist skills, it seems.

Why is it that you think people are going to give you a hard time about your age? Has someone else in your everyday life given you trouble about it? If so, let them do their thing, and you stay focused. When they have a natural disaster or something pop up, they won't be laughing anymore, that's for sure.

I'm guessing with your 12ga leaning against your dresser, that you probably hunt? If you're strictly a target shooter, that isn't a problem either. It's a good place to start. If you can shoot in your backyard though, it may be a GREAT place to start hunting as long as your parents are okay with it, of course.

Welcome and I hope you find some good info and that you share some of your experience with us, too. Age isn't always a good indicator of skill or desire to learn.

-Alabaster

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

as others has pointed out..we have have no problem with your age..if you have any suggestons.be it a good one or bad one,if not some where in between.by all all means post it.and if someone see's a mistake in what you post and replys to it.thier only helping out.and out of respect towards you..good luck to ya..

Welcome to DDPF's always happy to see the younger generation showing interest in the happenings of the world ! Cant get most of the kids i know off there iphones long enough to notice anything!

I'm 48 and I still have backpacks , mre's , bdu's and stuff laying around and rifles and such standing in the corners of my room . I have to be careful when my Grand kids come over to visit they like to prowl thruogh my stuff . Welcome from another Tennessean

Latest posts

Back