a new camping trip.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I know it's a bad time for a camping trip when it comes to the covid and all.and I know that folks won't have any thing to do with camping.but yet a lot has happened since my mom passed away in 2017.so I'm going camping. and it'll be at the campgrounds I camped at last.on account they have large camp sites.so no one will be getting to close.

I know it's a bad time for a camping trip when it comes to the covid and all.and I know that folks won't have any thing to do with camping.but yet a lot has happened since my mom passed away in 2017.so I'm going camping. and it'll be at the campgrounds I camped at last.on account they have large camp sites.so no one will be getting to close.
I’ve been thinking about it too. Not sure I want to fly, dine out or even stay in a motel room with the virus out there so camping seems like a decent choice.

If that is what you need go for it. My husband and I sneak off from time to time and go fishing. We just try to select places "off the beaten path" and go during the week when there are fewer people about. We bring our own food and drinks and even bring the dogs in the boat. Just a change of scenery for a few hours helps sometimes. Sometimes our mind is just reeling from all that is going on. Things we never thought we would see in our lifetimes. Times are changing I guess.

Yeah motel's and hotel's and eating is to expensive,besides I grew up camping.so I prefer the outdoors..I love fishing as well.so I'll be doing that as well.

For those that won't be.camping out,and live close enough for a friendly visit.i'll be camping out at Martin dies jr campground.its just outside of Jasper Texas.

Martin Dies Jr campground is very nice. Hunny and I have taken the boys there a couple times, years ago and even I and the youngest have been there by ourselves. Going with just me, back in the day, after check in, the park ranger drove by and checked up on us multiple times. Not sure if it was because I was a lone female with a youngster or if he thought I was going to need help being a "no clue" female :). Still makes me laugh.

I grew up camping, so it's always been part of my life. We did it all, tents, popups, travel trailers and motorhomes.

Recently got a vintage canned ham camper for cheap we are fixing up. Will be used for little getaways, my girl-cave when I need alone time, and bugout option if we need to leave the area.

What's not to love about camping? :) You got your own bedding, can make it comfortable, take your own food, they have just about anything one needs, get to be in nature, and other campers are more often than not friendly.

I just called the campground. resurvastions can be made within 1to 2 week's of campout.but only if their not fully booked.but yet reservation can be made up to 3 months out.

i finally got the camping trip planed.so if anyone wants to visit and/or campout.mainly campout.let me know.and i'll let them know it.i don't know if i have to call.or just wait till i get there to make the changes.

i'll be in camp Site: 129

Loop: SITES 100-143

Arrival Date: Mon Nov 2 2020

Check-in Time: 2:00 PM

Departure Date: Thu Nov 5 2020

Check-out Time: 12:00 PM

That’s a really good idea Jim. I may take a weekend and go find a clear mountain stream to hang out at soon.
Rivers and streams are tore up from the Chinooks and angler boots.

But Steel and Chrome are on the way to taste them salmon eggs.

Latest posts

Back