a mans best friend????

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emp proof

Reaction score
2 members of my team, hollie and radar are dogs, hollie is a border collie and radar is a HUGE alsatian, radar is perfect for security patrols around the outsides of the bunker and for "on the door" and hollie being a working dog can do a hell of a lot, dogs aren't as fussy with they're food and I think a system of scrap feeding will keep them goin just about, and I am currently teachin hollie silent commands in case we have to hide or keep quiet, but I find it un settling when she makes a noise while were tryin to keep quiet, my "best friend" could get me killed on my first ever scavenging trip :/ what's peoples thaughts on they're dogs and how usefull or useless do you think dogs will be? I know given a good dog and good lamp I can get rabbits, WITHOUT the need for a gun, this may make dogs worth they're weight when ammo starts to run low

I love my Harley he will go with me every where when shtf he's super smart and know all his commands I would just lose him if some one pointed a laser at the ground he's loves to chase lights it's hard to keep him of that one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190540.188585.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190579.920959.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190608.757954.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190628.907904.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190650.815543.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190672.056951.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190693.173124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352190759.889374.jpg

I'm having trouble uploading pics/changing my profile pic, I think its my phone, hollie is only 5 months old but she's comin along a goodun oh and btw harley looks a legend mate and I'd hate to have him set on me just as much as I'd hate radar to go for me lol

I love my Harley he will go with me every where when shtf he's super smart and know all his commands I would just lose him if some one pointed a laser at the ground he's loves to chase lights it's hard to keep him of that one. View attachment 226View attachment 227View attachment 228View attachment 229View attachment 230View attachment 231View attachment 232View attachment 233
Dude they are so smart, my dog is just in tune with what ever is going on. Our dogs look alike.

2 members of my team, hollie and radar are dogs, hollie is a border collie and radar is a HUGE alsatian, radar is perfect for security patrols around the outsides of the bunker and for "on the door" and hollie being a working dog can do a hell of a lot, dogs aren't as fussy with they're food and I think a system of scrap feeding will keep them goin just about, and I am currently teachin hollie silent commands in case we have to hide or keep quiet, but I find it un settling when she makes a noise while were tryin to keep quiet, my "best friend" could get me killed on my first ever scavenging trip :/ what's peoples thaughts on they're dogs and how usefull or useless do you think dogs will be? I know given a good dog and good lamp I can get rabbits, WITHOUT the need for a gun, this may make dogs worth they're weight when ammo starts to run low

Depending on ones definition of scrap feeding, my first instinct is if there are enough scraps to feed 2 dogs, someone isnt utilizing enough of thier resources. (just a personal opinion) I wouldnt feed anything to my dogs i wouldnt eat.
As far as the usefullness of a dog, I would say they would be worth the feed that is lost, if you have resourse to renew the food readily. If you dont have a good supply of food, well then your dogs are worth more than ever arent they LOL. as food. but i see no reason for this ever to be needed.
One could always muzzle them when/ if he had to. once you learn thier very body language, you will know when someone, or something is around. not much can escape thier ears if it is moving. or thier nose if down wind.
A few good deadfalls, snares, and other things could keep you in just as many rabbits, other meat. without having to chase it down, and draw attention.
The thoughts of running low on ammo just made me sick at my stomach, I had to do one of those shiver things. Please dont talk like that again lol.
In my opinion, some things dont need justification, lol. My dogs are simply my companions, If they were in misery, I would do to them what I would want someone to do to me if I couldnt myself. Beyond that, I have every skill to comforatably provide substanance for all of us, dogs included. With some practice you would feel the same way, therefore the thought of "needing them" to find food is mute.
Dogs are worth thier weight in gold, simply for what they give you if they do nothing at all, lol.
turn around and look in them eyes..............................................

Nice looking dogs, all of them. They are all smart breeds and very loyal.
This is Chopper. He's going on 11 years old. I took him away from a neighbor who wasn't taking care of him. Had him ever since. I can read him really well, and he reads me. I can tell someone is coming just by watching him. He doesn't always bark either.
Chopper.jpg

Latest posts

Back