A little something about myself.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where should a doomsday preper start?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winter

Reaction score
Please say hi and post a little something about yourself!
Hello! I am new to prepping; however, it is something my husband and i have discussed many times before. We were always worried people would think we were crazy so up until now it was on the back burner. With each passing day we realize that we are not ready if something were to happen and we would like to sleep at night knowing that we are ready to take care of our family in an emergency situation. I want to know that we can go out there and hunt, fish, build shelters, and protect our kids. So here I am, new to the scene and not sure where to start. I feel like we are so far behind. It is overwhelming sometimes to figure out the best thing to do. Do I read first? Do I enroll in survival classes? I have bills to pay and I am not sure how to afford this, but I know it is important to us. So that’s my story. I hope to learn a lot here.

A Warm Welcome! Am from the Philippines. Started prepping for a few years now after suffering during Typhoon Ondoy and its aftermath in 2009.

Feel free to ask, share, reply, post. We have a good lot of preeps here... (Preeps = Prepping Peeps not Creeps LOL)

PS: You forgot to add "Joining a good prepper site like this site" :)

Welcome, I would start with water and food, this doesn't mean you have to go crazy and get everything at once, slowly build up your supplies. Practice your outdoor skills, go camping, fishing, hiking.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

what all the 2 of you go with when it comes to the 2 of prepping depends on where you live in calli.like others said food n water first..even then water first..start canning if you dont already,on acount thats the least expensive way to stock up on foods.even then,go witth what the 2 of you already like and eat.that way yall will eat what you can..and if it's a bad idea for the 2 of you to bug-in after the shtf..then locate a bug out location and buy it when yall have the money for it..even if it means makeing payments on it...and it wont matter if it's payed for or not after tshtf ..on acount,what good is money after wards?..

Last edited:
Please say hi and post a little something about yourself!
Hello! I am new to prepping; however, it is something my husband and i have discussed many times before. We were always worried people would think we were crazy so up until now it was on the back burner. With each passing day we realize that we are not ready if something were to happen and we would like to sleep at night knowing that we are ready to take care of our family in an emergency situation. I want to know that we can go out there and hunt, fish, build shelters, and protect our kids. So here I am, new to the scene and not sure where to start. I feel like we are so far behind. It is overwhelming sometimes to figure out the best thing to do. Do I read first? Do I enroll in survival classes? I have bills to pay and I am not sure how to afford this, but I know it is important to us. So that’s my story. I hope to learn a lot here.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to share your knowledge with the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

p.s. there are a lot of us from Kalifornia on here.

You can only go 3 days with out water, so stock up on that first, but read books to get some knowledge on "how to's" be it canning, identifying different edible plants, making your own "whatever". Do research on items you use everyday. Learn how to garden and can the foods you grow. . .

Welcome to the fourm and fourm glad to see you joined the prepper family. Background, PMC operator, k9 protection work and tracking, mma and alot others.

Welcome to the forum. I would say the best thing to start with would be food and water. The rest you can work on as time goes on.

Welcome! Definitely food and water! Canning food is a long forgotten skill that allows you to put up lots of foods for long shelf life. Water water water cannot be stressed enough.

Hi! Everyone else already said what I would say, start simple with food and water storage first or you'll overwhelm yourself (been there done that). I work full time and go to school full time as well (evening classes) so I get storage when I can. I also have a small garden. Another valuable resource that I've found are Podcasts. Some of my all time favorites are The Survival with Jack Spirko and Doom and Bloom with Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy. I've gotten a whole lot of good ideas from these people.

Hello! my name is mike i am 34 uyears of age and i was born and raised in the great state of kentucky. Me and my dad have been hunting ,fishing,and camping since i was a youngster we were part of a local bow club for many years and participated in many tournaments. Grew up in a family that busted ### and worked for everything they had which wasnt much . grew most of our own food in the gardens,raised chickens,ducks,rabbits,hogs and cattle. i think my lifes experience has prepared me mentally for just about any obstacle that may occur. i love prepping it feels natural and i consider it to be my number 1 hobby.

Latest posts

Back