A Few Other Reasons Not To "BUG IN"

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
*SIGH*

i know imma catch hell for this but..........

as many know, im not a fan of "bugging in".
ive posted about the dangers of bugging in in many other threads on this site, but ive only covered the gang/small group invation scenarios.

well ive been thinking about it and heres a few more reasons why bugging in may not be the best bet:

during a post-shtf situation, and im talking on a large scale, not like Katrina, but like most if not all North America/the world is affected, there will be mass death.
you will have death by infection, by gangs, looters, starvation, drug overdoses, etc etc. who do you thinks gonna burry those bodys? no one.
but those bodys decomposing will lead to pandemic, disease, etc. and if you're bugging in that can greatly affect/infect you, your water, food, etc.
another is pool water.
whos really going to take care of their pools? that leaves free standing water, which means mosquitos, which means a larger threatof West Nile Virus, as well as other diseases.
also cocaroach infestations, with no pest control available, roaches carry hundreds of diseases.

just some thoughts.

*SIGH*

i know imma catch hell for this but..........

as many know, im not a fan of "bugging in".
ive posted about the dangers of bugging in in many other threads on this site, but ive only covered the gang/small group invation scenarios.

well ive been thinking about it and heres a few more reasons why bugging in may not be the best bet:

during a post-shtf situation, and im talking on a large scale, not like Katrina, but like most if not all North America/the world is affected, there will be mass death.
you will have death by infection, by gangs, looters, starvation, drug overdoses, etc etc. who do you thinks gonna burry those bodys? no one.
but those bodys decomposing will lead to pandemic, disease, etc. and if you're bugging in that can greatly affect/infect you, your water, food, etc.
another is pool water.
whos really going to take care of their pools? that leaves free standing water, which means mosquitos, which means a larger threatof West Nile Virus, as well as other diseases.
also cocaroach infestations, with no pest control available, roaches carry hundreds of diseases.

just some thoughts.
Those are some good points and I fill the same way I like bugging out better.

OK here it comes ! You have valid points but, is it really going to happen, i mean to that magnitude. I don't think so. If it does I am out for sure. All of us have are supplies at the house, maybe a few have a stash or two, It's a lot harder to live off the land than it is to pull some rice an beans out of your cabinet. I think most people are in for a rude awakening " present company excluded " when bugging out. Krime I know you are looking forward to it, and sure you would be fine. Bugging out is the last thing i want to do, I can hold my own in the woods but after awhile it's going to suck. I guess it all depends on what happens, earthquake and things go south for awhile, I am staying locked down in the house. SHTF see ya !!

OK here it comes ! You have valid points but, is it really going to happen, i mean to that magnitude. I don't think so. If it does I am out for sure. All of us have are supplies at the house, maybe a few have a stash or two, It's a lot harder to live off the land than it is to pull some rice an beans out of your cabinet. I think most people are in for a rude awakening " present company excluded " when bugging out. Krime I know you are looking forward to it, and sure you would be fine. Bugging out is the last thing i want to do, I can hold my own in the woods but after awhile it's going to suck. I guess it all depends on what happens, earthquake and things go south for awhile, I am staying locked down in the house. SHTF see ya !!
ya id probably stay at/around my house in an earthquake, tbh, i dont see too much anarchy going around at that point.
but do you wanna stick around for martial law? economic collapse? pandemics? or anything that would cause a "no law" situation?

lol just wait its comen

ARE YOU STUPID, THATS THE MOST RETARTED THING I HAVE EVER HEARD, NOT BUGGING IN, OH MY GOD.
I, I, I, UH.........
WAIT...........JUST JOKING
actually I totally agree,DAMNIT!!!!! Its suicide for most people in citys to bug in, in a disaster.
I just didnt want you waiting too long for some negative feedback.
Only negative thing I have to say is.....................................
Some people like me live the same place all the time that others want to bug out to LMAO. your buggin out is my buggin in.

ARE YOU STUPID, THATS THE MOST RETARTED THING I HAVE EVER HEARD, NOT BUGGING IN, OH MY GOD.
I, I, I, UH.........
WAIT...........JUST JOKING
actually I totally agree,DAMNIT!!!!! Its suicide for most people in citys to bug in, in a disaster.
I just didnt want you waiting too long for some negative feedback.
Only negative thing I have to say is.....................................
Some people like me live the same place all the time that others want to bug out to LMAO. your buggin out is my buggin in.
what i ment is, this topic usually turns into somewhat of an arguement, but its ok for it to be so, because people get to see both sides of it.

ill tell ya something though, if 1 year after a doomsday situation, a dudes/girlys still liven in their same city house, thats a friend id like to make, or at the very least, i wouldnt wanna be their enemy! that'd be 1 bad mo-fo right there!

what i ment is, this topic usually turns into somewhat of an arguement, but its ok for it to be so, because people get to see both sides of it.

ill tell ya something though, if 1 year after a doomsday situation, a dudes/girlys still liven in their same city house, thats a friend id like to make, or at the very least, i wouldnt wanna be their enemy! that'd be 1 bad mo-fo right there!

I know what you meant, just wanting to have some fun.
You aint lying, if someone can hold thier own in a city bug in situation for more than 2 weeks, I gotta agree, they are one bad mo-fo.
They were prepared out the ying- yang.

LOL, like if Rambo, Chuck Norris, and Bruce Lee had a baby, that'd be him/her, LOL, can you imagine a "her"??? LOL, i might leave my wife HA!

LOL, like if Rambo, Chuck Norris, and Bruce Lee had a baby, that'd be him/her, LOL, can you imagine a "her"??? LOL, i might leave my wife HA!

Hell no, I would rather eat a human, that have have an argument with that chick.

Let me tell you a story, I was a vol. firefighter in WV, one day we roll out on a big house fire, I had only been on the dept for a year or two, and we faught that flameball for 3-4 hrs. I was starving,what didnt help was that smell, it was everywhere.I just knew someone was grilling around there, I kept askin the other guys what neighbor was grilling out, they were all just laughin, said it was probably the dude that lived here. It was hrs before I figured out what was going on. It was the dude that lived in that house grilling alright, hehehe, literally. If you have never smelled that sweet aroma of a human cooking, you dont know what I am talking about, if you have, you do.

If, and I say if, I were starving, I would have no damn problem eating another person( if they were fresh lol). I would not kill a man to eat him, but if the situation arose that I either ate a man, or I died, the hardest choice I would have to make would be baked or shishkabobs. I have ate grasshoppers, snakes, rats, possums, turtles, if its made out of meat its edible. Except oysters, they are made out of snot, I'd rather die. LMAO
everyone has limitations LOL

Let me tell you a story, I was a vol. firefighter in WV, one day we roll out on a big house fire, I had only been on the dept for a year or two, and we faught that flameball for 3-4 hrs. I was starving,what didnt help was that smell, it was everywhere.I just knew someone was grilling around there, I kept askin the other guys what neighbor was grilling out, they were all just laughin, said it was probably the dude that lived here. It was hrs before I figured out what was going on. It was the dude that lived in that house grilling alright, hehehe, literally. If you have never smelled that sweet aroma of a human cooking, you dont know what I am talking about, if you have, you do.

If, and I say if, I were starving, I would have no damn problem eating another person( if they were fresh lol). I would not kill a man to eat him, but if the situation arose that I either ate a man, or I died, the hardest choice I would have to make would be baked or shishkabobs. I have ate grasshoppers, snakes, rats, possums, turtles, if its made out of meat its edible. Except oysters, they are made out of snot, I'd rather die. LMAO
everyone has limitations LOL
Lol you are crazy I will never go camping with you my friend and no matter life or death I would not eat human at all that's what makes us different form wild animals we don't eat each other. That's how I fill at least

Wow! Alot said here. Many pro's and con's whether to bug in or out. If I were in a city (Fresno) I would not stay there. No matter how tuff you feel you are allowing for a harder time with more events to come your way that will test you. You always should take the route with less effort. I feel very secure with my prepping here in Squaw valley at 2500'. My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. I have 5 acres and great visabilty in all directions but with a negative as to the distance of my home from the road which is about 400 feet. My water well is between my home and the road and packed away for now is a manual pump with handle like the old styles. This I think will have to be protected because I feel people heading out of the cities and towns will be keeping thier eyes open for an easy place to get water. Bugging in is also a concern if marshall law is declared and the Gov't wants to come and remove you to a secure "concentration camp"....LOL. You will have your defenses tested to the max at that point. I do rely on my radios to hopefully give me an advanced warning. I may/may not hear warnings of whats going on in the cities and towns hopefully before shtf here, who knows. and when I have to leave I have HT's that are already programmed with the latest of frequencies, protected or not from local and federal agencies. I know I will not have to deal with hundreds of bodies to discard but what if I have to shoot a few myself? They would definately have to be buried or burned because of what was said above about diseases that would stem from leaving them just laying around to decompose. Besides not wanting to see them laying there If the season is right there would be hundreds of mosquitos out in the moist tall grass just waiting to get a bite into one of these bodies then come and bite me, no way, burn or put'em in the ground.
Can't say I'd eat one and for now I'd hate to think things would ever get bad enough for me to even consider it. I hope not.

Latest posts

Back