27 years until the world runs out of food?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainingcatzanddogs

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Doomsday prediction says world will 'run out of food' - Daily Star

“The limit to how many people Earth can feed is set at 10 billion at the absolute maximum. The constraints of the biosphere are fixed, there’s no wiggle room here.

"The statistics show that we need to produce more food in the next 40 years than has been produced in the last 8,000 years.

Dr Wilson continued: “It’s unlikely that everyone will agree to stop eating meat so the actual limit is lower. And each nation is different, but still there is an excess amount of food being eaten and wasted every day.

“For example if everyone shared the diet of the average American, the world could feed just 2.5billion people."

“The world could feed a much larger population if we didn’t eat meat because it requires more energy to produce meat than any other food. For example, it takes 75 times more energy to produce meat than corn.”

The Great Reset begins..."Its science people!" Sure thing!

The world could feed a much larger population if we didn’t eat meat because it requires more energy to produce meat than any other food. For example, it takes 75 times more energy to produce meat than corn.”

Just PROPAGANDA for the Great Reset to convince the brain dead that them eating bugs is the ONLY way! Of course the elites will not be eating bugs. It’s right there in print to read from the WEF.

On a Homestead where folks are feeding themselves it has been proven over and over that growing vegetables and the like takes MUCH MORE calories than raising meat! No debate.

Just PROPAGANDA for the Great Reset to convince the brain dead that them eating bugs is the ONLY way! Of course the elites will not be eating bugs. It’s right there in print to read from the WEF.

On a Homestead where folks are feeding themselves it has been proven over and over that growing vegetables and the like takes MUCH MORE calories than raising meat! No debate.

I once had a "discussion" on line with someone who was one of these "Eating meat is destroying the planet" people. He kept trying to tell me that livestock used more water and land than veggies, grains, fruits and nuts.

They had absolutely NO experience doing any of these things and were simply repeating what the propaganda had told them. After I shut him down, I am sure he went on to spread his manure elsewhere, where other people believed him.

This is what we will be up against in the coming years.

The US has 1.9 billion acres. Only 360 million are used to produce food for people or animals.

Our population is about 360 million…so that would be about one acre per person. We could be self sustaining if we so chose to be.

In my “home” (BOL 1) we need about two acres grazing per head. At BOL 2, one acre per head. That head can feed three people per year: ½ lb each per day. Or one person 1.5 lbs.

We need less than one additional acre per head to produce hay (we usually get three cuttings per year) through our short winters when forage is not actively growing Jan-March (though you can overseed with wintering grasses to get around that).

On the other hand, we also have acres planted with Pecans. It can sustain about 25 full grown trees per acre.

Each tree drinks about 250 gallons of water per day. 6,250 gallons of water PER DAY, PER ACRE…and you need two acres of trees to feed one person.

Now for the bonus round.

I can have both a head of cattle AND nut trees on the same area, a very old practice known as Silvopasture and use the other land to grow other things. With this, I am producing cattle AND nuts AND “sequestering carbon” at the same time.

There are many other examples as to why the very premise of this is bunk; this is just one.

They are going to try to make this into an “either/or” situation to suit their agenda and use people who have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what they are talking about, simply regurgitating the crap they have been fed, to convince a likewise no nothing public that they are somehow right.

This article, like many was written by people who know nothing of actual farming practices.

They are statistics crunchers and nothing more.

Their purpose is to add credence to the idea that ranchers producing meat are destructive to the environment and very survival of the human population.

For instance where is the common sense call for more people to get into farming to produce food?

How about the suggestion that cities need to stop sprawling out onto usable farmland?

Or how about a call that huge solar farms needed to "go green" would be using up land that could be used to produce food?

The fact that NONE of these was brought up, points to it having another purpose: to Demonize and destroy ranchers.

Nope. No solutions, just alarmism AND pushing an agenda.

Last edited:
They had absolutely NO experience doing any of these things and were simply repeating what the propaganda had told them. After I shut him down, I am sure he went on to spread his manure elsewhere, where other people believed him.

I hope very much you beat him, the only way to show these idiots (especially the persistent ones) that you are not interested,

Last edited:
At some point humans are going to be offered and eat engineered food. A former inmate at a Texas prison was talking about strips of processed food, like dog treats, given to the inmates. It had a taste, not bad, just kinda bland, and it supplied balanced nutrients. You could eat as much as you wanted but nobody really wanted much nor liked it. But, hey, they were prisoners and this was the cheapest route for the state. I expect something like this in the future as an option to traditional food.

The US has 1.9 billion acres. Only 360 million are used to produce food for people or animals.

Our population is about 360 million…so that would be about one acre per person. We could be self sustaining if we so chose to be.

In my “home” (BOL 1) we need about two acres grazing per head. At BOL 2, one acre per head. That head can feed three people per year: ½ lb each per day. Or one person 1.5 lbs.

We need less than one additional acre per head to produce hay (we usually get three cuttings per year) through our short winters when forage is not actively growing Jan-March (though you can overseed with wintering grasses to get around that).

On the other hand, we also have acres planted with Pecans. It can sustain about 25 full grown trees per acre.

Each tree drinks about 250 gallons of water per day. 6,250 gallons of water PER DAY, PER ACRE…and you need two acres of trees to feed one person.

Now for the bonus round.

I can have both a head of cattle AND nut trees on the same area, a very old practice known as Silvopasture and use the other land to grow other things. With this, I am producing cattle AND nuts AND “sequestering carbon” at the same time.

There are many other examples as to why the very premise of this is bunk; this is just one.

They are going to try to make this into an “either/or” situation to suit their agenda and use people who have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what they are talking about, simply regurgitating the crap they have been fed, to convince a likewise no nothing public that they are somehow right.

This article, like many was written by people who know nothing of actual farming practices.

They are statistics crunchers and nothing more.

Their purpose is to add credence to the idea that ranchers producing meat are destructive to the environment and very survival of the human population.

For instance where is the common sense call for more people to get into farming to produce food?

How about the suggestion that cities need to stop sprawling out onto usable farmland?

Or how about a call that huge solar farms needed to "go green" would be using up land that could be used to produce food?

The fact that NONE of these was brought up, points to it having another purpose: to Demonize and destroy ranchers.

Nope. No solutions, just alarmism AND pushing an agenda.
On my ranch it takes about 20 acres to feed 1 cow in summer, and about 2-1/2 ton of hay per cow to make it through the winter. Thats about 1 to 2 acres of hay ground per cow. About 60% of our land is timbered and the rest is open pasture, mountain meadows and range land. We have about 60 acres of old hay grounds that go back to the homestead days. Next year I'll probably replant these old hay fields in dry land grass, grains and alfalfa.

Around here that 20 to 1 ratio holds true also. The wild oats can be a little sparse.
The fields I over seeded with a pasture mix came in thicker. Now to find a cheaper source of seed. My first thought is Lynn County OR where they grow all the grass seed. I would buy a couple hundred pounds.

@EastenerWesterner Have you tried a feed store that sells bulk seeds? We do have to drive to the next county over but I find buying in bulk is the cheapest route to go. Ours doesn't carry a big variety of grass seeds, I think it was just maybe 3 or 4. Also where I get all my veggie and fruit seeds for the garden. Just a thought is you are wanting to plant for hay.

@Danil54grl I experimented with a 100lb of Equine pasture mix from TSC. Came up nice and is ready to drop seed before I let ponies in. I over seeded just befor rains in Nov.
Hay will take more water than I have and have capability to supply to 10 acres of hillsides.
I used to sell grass seed and am familiar with what to use. I pass through the grass seed capital of the US when I check on my Aunt a couple times a year.
Just trying to use the natural cycle to give me healthier fields without having to irrigate.

If you raise a child to speak a certain language...how do you change its speech??
If you raise a generation to swallow and repeat a certain BS...how do you change its speech??
That is where we are now, make money fast, get popular fast, get "liked" lots from strangers...
but BUILD SOMETHING? WORK? HAVE A FAMILY? BE RESPONSIBLE??????
That was not taught in school since the 60's and those weaklings are now IN CHARGE and teaching the crap they KNOW to be the only truth....

Came up nice and is ready to drop seed before I let ponies in. I over seeded just befor rains in Nov.
Everybody here waits for the grains to drop their seeds before cutting and storing their food for the animals. They do not seed anything. All the flowers, grasses and natural seed producers are allowed to drop seeds first.

If you raise a child to speak a certain language...how do you change its speech??
If you raise a generation to swallow and repeat a certain BS...how do you change its speech??
That is where we are now, make money fast, get popular fast, get "liked" lots from strangers...
but BUILD SOMETHING? WORK? HAVE A FAMILY? BE RESPONSIBLE??????
That was not taught in school since the 60's and those weaklings are now IN CHARGE and teaching the crap they KNOW to be the only truth....

The sad part is...it shouldn't have to be taught in schools. It should be taught by parents!

Latest posts

Back