27 Additional Reasons To Use And Store Salt

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another reason. If your house gets fleas brought in by pets, heavily sprinkle salt over your carpets and rugs and allow to set for as long as you can stand to walk on it. Try for at least 24 hours. The salt crystals desiccate the eggs the fleas have laid as well as the sharp crystals slice into the bug's body and causes it to dry out and die. Vacuum up well afterwards and repeat as needed. The bad thing is that your floors are going to feel damp because of the salt drawing the moisture, so just run a fan or two in the room.

Here's another reason. If your house gets fleas brought in by pets, heavily sprinkle salt over your carpets and rugs and allow to set for as long as you can stand to walk on it. Try for at least 24 hours. The salt crystals desiccate the eggs the fleas have laid as well as the sharp crystals slice into the bug's body and causes it to dry out and die. Vacuum up well afterwards and repeat as needed. The bad thing is that your floors are going to feel damp because of the salt drawing the moisture, so just run a fan or two in the room.
thanks for the anti flea tip.

A lot of good points. I use it all the time on my dutch oven to clean it up, using it as an abrasive. At the end a couple of good points is cheap and might be good for barter.

No, but if you want, you can use salt to cure the hide of the idiot that hit your truck.

I hope you know that if I were there, I'd slap the illegal back to where they belong for you. I really hate that that happened to you, I really do.

Latest posts

Back