???????

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentday

Reaction score
I live less than a mile from the gulf of mexico and i was wondering whats the best books on swamp amd wetland foraging i kno their are a ton of edible plants i would like to have a book or something for a reference i would really appreciate any help on this im a hunter an fisher since i was a kid but foraging is something i havent did much i think its over looked sometime

Well, I'd recommend some more hands on training, if you can do it. Here in FL, there are a lot of edible plants that have poisonous look alikes, for example, so eating them due to a pic in a book may not be a great idea.
You have to research both edible and poisonous plants, so you can readily tell the difference. Another idea, Google on playing cards that have these on them, and learn that way too. I'll have to find the link, but there's a great deck out there for this (and other survival topics). So, you can have a deck of cards in your BOB AND have it be a valuable tool.

EDIT: Here's the link:
http://www.campingsurvival.com/playingcards.html

Thanks man i really appreciate it what part of fl are you from i stay in south mississippi ive picked black berries in the woods an some others but i know theirs a ton of plants good an bad ive never tried a plant i didnt kno what it was i kno some one who ate china berries an got poison by them since then ive been funny about trying plants do you forage any?

Central FL. I'm still in the learning stage myself, before I attempt to forage. Mostly, I have horses, so first concentrated on the BAD stuff, so I can make sure it isn't in the pastures. Seagrapes and Blackberries grow wild around here, and are easily identified, so no problem eating those though...and dandelions if you're into them (I'm not).

Latest posts

Back