2015 Midwest DPF Meet & Greet

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is the thread for the Midwest Meet and Greet, which I am working on. If done I have a few ideas for it but I would like input on it.

This is some ideas I have had that we can discuss/do:
  • Communication
  • Food
  • Gear
  • Home Storage
  • Security
  • Tactics
  • Weapons

Feel free to put your two cents in. But I would like to know which state it should be held in that would be convenient for you guys.

Last edited:
power supply..if the grid goes down permanently or temporary
bug out routes to home from work,or where ever else might be at time..or from home to bol,or else where.

@carhugger_prep , thanks for stepping up to volunteer for this. Looks like you've got some good ideas, and the region has a good amount of members, so we should get a good turnout.

Folks, contribute as much as you can to this thread. It's important that we get good feedback for the M&Gs if we are to get a good turnout. The better feedback, the better turnout, the better the growth potential and future for these events.

@alabaster , no problem and thanks for the support. I thought if I posted a list of topics that can be added to might draw more people to the M&G thus the following year might draw more people if this year turns out good.

For anyone that is viewing this the M&G will take place sometime in June so we don't have to deal with Memorial Day and the 4th of July. I have to pin down the exact day and the place where it will be held.

For the place where it will be held I have two places in mind. The first possibility is the New Holstein Municipal Airport, New Holstein, WI at this geo-coordinates 43.944434, -88.117329. The second possibility is South Bend, IN (the city where I live). But I am willing to choose a different location I just need a heads up so I can call the place or find a place in the city/town to hold it.

One final thought. A week or so before the M&G I will post a finalized list of things I think we can do or talk about.

Ok everyone I have locked down the date for the M&G. It is June 13 & 14 which is a Saturday and Sunday. But if you guys want it to be longer please comment below.

I need feedback from people who might attend about things I posted before. So don't feel shy.

I have decided to hold the Midwest M&G in South Bend, IN because it will be easy for me to set up things here where I live. I have several places in mind where I can try and host it.

If you want to come to the M&G message me so I know how many will be coming and I can make the final arrangements. Just be aware there might be a little fee because I might have to rent a room to hold the M&G. And anyone outside of the Midwest who wants to message me as well.

Last edited:
Whoever wants to come to the M&G it will be held at the KOA South Bend/Elkhart campgrounds. The address is 50707 Princess Way, Granger, Indiana. It has to be rented so there will be a small fee. If you are in the Midwest or not in the Midwest and want to come please rsvp with me via pm. Provide your name and how many will be with you.

here is the final information about the M&G
· Date: June 13 & 14
· Topics/Activities:
o Communication
o Food – Snares, nets, and other traps
o Gear
o Home Storage
o Security – Home, Car, and On foot
o Tactics – Home, Road (in car), and Road (on foot)
o Weapons – Cleaning and Training
o Power supply (permanently or temporary)
o Bug-out routes
· Suggestions to Bring:
o Guns (optional)
o BOB/GHB

Latest posts

Back