17 dead in Congo in Ebola outbreak

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leave them where they are,they can be treated just as well there as they can in another country,the risk of moving them is to great,,,it's just inviting trouble

Really, only 17 dead? When they start dying by the millions then it might be newsworthy, on the back page. I don't really give much thought to African problems. Just keep them there.

Personally, I'm actually impressed at how effective they've been at stopping this from reaching other areas. In today's world, patient zero is just a plane ride away.
Agreed! It’s a nasty disease and has terrible potential to cause worldwide disruption. Trump wants to cut funding for it right now too.....

Haven't heard anything about that. Guess it would depend on the specifics. I certainly don't know why my tax dollars would be spent flying patients from Africa HERE to be treated on our dime....for example. But if we're talking cutting funding for the CDC, that's a different matter.

Haven't heard anything about that. Guess it would depend on the specifics. I certainly don't know why my tax dollars would be spent flying patients from Africa HERE to be treated on our dime....for example. But if we're talking cutting funding for the CDC, that's a different matter.
I believe it was funding for WHO, or it was some kind of direct funding to help with the costs of trying to treat the epidemic and keep it contained.

The proposal is a Republican effort to claim fiscal responsibility after a deficit-increasing tax cut and a massive fiscal 2018 spending bill.

It would cancel unspent money from previous years’ children’s health insurance and would have no effect on current programs, the official said. Other unspent funds that would be canceled include $4.3 billion for a vehicle technology program and funds for Obamacare, the 2015 Ebola outbreak and railroad benefits.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...k-7-billion-cut-in-children-s-insurance-funds

It'd be easy to keep this diease contained in Africa, where it belongs, just don't allow anyone holding passports from these countries from entering the US. Of course the US won't do that. Our government would rather continue wasting billions of tax payers dollars in these African **** holes with no expectation of success. Let nature takes it's course.

I believe it was funding for WHO, or it was some kind of direct funding to help with the costs of trying to treat the epidemic and keep it contained.

Well, the W in that is for "World", so as long as other partners in this are doing their share.... ;) Just hope it isn't like the Paris Accord nonsense, when we were going to pay billions for basically OTHERS' benefit.

when the previous outbreak happened in Sierra Leone and spread to 2 neighbouring countries, it was the rural poor who were affected, they haven't got the price of a bus ticket never mind a plane ticket, so they aren't going anywhere.

still,thinking,it hit a larger town now,there is for sure people who got the money to fly away and thus spread that crap...as I said earlier ; it's only one flight away from disaster.

really don't belive we are prepped here in the west properly if it hits us.

it would only take one 24 or 26 hour flight to get to the west from anywhere, we are that closely connected these days.

any outbreak throws out red flags for me..on account i know that they wont,or cant keep it confined to the area,in which the outbreak is taking place..especially seeing how it takes only one nut job to spread it to another country..

I’m sure that there are many enemies of the US that would love to carry this here. I only hope our govt can close the borders if this or the next pandemic gets out of hand. I don’t know about any one of you, but I really don’t ever want to rely on our preps.

if a full scale pandemic ever hit these shores that would be it for the majority of the British population especially those in the big cities. I've always said if it did happen we are going into personal and total isolation until it is over.

can't agree more Brent...as much as I have confidence in modern medicine,this would be bad,really bad.

if a full scale pandemic ever hit these shores that would be it for the majority of the British population especially those in the big cities. I've always said if it did happen we are going into personal and total isolation until it is over.
That is the single best thing to do in a situation like this.

unfortunately not an option for me,if it goes bad,it's hospital duty,if it goes worse,might be military duty..kinda between a rock and a hard place.

unfortunately not an option for me,if it goes bad,it's hospital duty,if it goes worse,might be military duty..kinda between a rock and a hard place.
I was in the medical field many years ago, on and ambulance and ER and then in an operating room. Even then, before I was a ‘prepper’, I often thought about any pandemic and being the first to confront it. All I can say is I’m greatfull for all the people that are on the front lines.

in a pandemic a crowded hospital full of diseased people is the last place i'd want to be.

Last edited:
Back