12V Fridge/Freezer combo.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just check the direction of the gas , my understanding is it should go through the freezer into the chiller , not the other way round if you are using for both temps

I know you can go all freezer or all fridge and you can switch them up into any combination you choose.
Most run the freezer on the left side because it has less volume due to the compressor location and run the fridge on the right.

Welp...got the fridge/freezer and solar panel today.
I'll take some pics when I get it set up.

The Wife and I have been sweating when it comes to A/C,pun intended. It gets miserably hot in Southeast Texas in the summer.
We're looking at the Bluetti systems that go anywhere from a small basic unit to a $22k whole house set up.
Thinking about either the EP500Pro with six solar panels that will charge the unit in 4 hours,it'll power a small a small house with a small A/C unit for two days without a charge for $8500 bucks. It's a heavy bastard at 160 lbs.
Or the Bluetti 2*AC300+2*B300+1PO30A for $7700 but it would require buying solar panels.
It is expandable by buying extra battery packs though.

Our main concern is A/Cing the bedroom it's damn near impossible sleeping in the summer heat.

Welp...got the fridge/freezer and solar panel today.
I'll take some pics when I get it set up.

The Wife and I have been sweating when it comes to A/C,pun intended. It gets miserably hot in Southeast Texas in the summer.
We're looking at the Bluetti systems that go anywhere from a small basic unit to a $22k whole house set up.
Thinking about either the EP500Pro with six solar panels that will charge the unit in 4 hours,it'll power a small a small house with a small A/C unit for two days without a charge for $8500 bucks. It's a heavy bastard at 160 lbs.
Or the Bluetti 2*AC300+2*B300+1PO30A for $7700 but it would require buying solar panels.
It is expandable by buying extra battery packs though.

Our main concern is A/Cing the bedroom it's damn near impossible sleeping in the summer heat.
I run my whole house, shop and fur shed on solar, with a diesel backup and auto start. We have 2 refrigerators and 2 chest freezers. I have a small window AC for the fur shed and a whole house central AC with heat pump. The house AC and heat pump draw more power on the solar system than I like, so I separated the heat pump from the solar and connected it a separate generator.
Where I live we need AC for about 6 to 10 days a year. Even in August and September it always cools off at night so at most we run the AC for about 4 hours in the late afternoon.

I run my whole house, shop and fur shed on solar, with a diesel backup and auto start. We have 2 refrigerators and 2 chest freezers. I have a small window AC for the fur shed and a whole house central AC with heat pump. The house AC and heat pump draw more power on the solar system than I like, so I separated the heat pump from the solar and connected it a separate generator.
Where I live we need AC for about 6 to 10 days a year. Even in August and September it always cools off at night so at most we run the AC for about 4 hours in the late afternoon.

I was shocked at how far solar has come.
It used to be fantasy to be able to run an A/C unit longer than a few hours.
I had no idea it was even possible. I'm glad I started looking at fridge/freezer combos that run on solar or I wouldnt have discovered that you can actually run a small house for a reasonable price. And the recharge rates are crazy fast.As long as you have a reasonable amount of sun you can run the thing indefinitely.
We have a Honda EU7000 and a Honda EU2200. The 7000 will run on propane or gas. Buy itself it'll run a lot of the house.
But I really dont want to run them in a SHTF situation since it'll be a magnet for thieves.
The Wife really cant stand the heat,I sit out by the pool everyday and I'm pretty well acclimated....until it's time to get some shuteye.
I figure a good sized solar set up would be good for long term power outages as well as taking them to the BOL if things really go south.
A decent solar setup would easily run the camper.

Latest posts

Back