120 cities you might want to rethink living at

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
This is a dated document, but it lists the top 120 cities that might be at risk of being targeted in the United States for a nuclear detonation...I wasn't able to validate the info because of time purposes, but based on the list, either they represent a governmental, industrial or military target of value.

Attachments

• 120_Cities.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 68
im definitely in agreement with the cities i recognize..i also include tyler texas as well

I dont think detroit should be on that list anymore. There is nothing there of value. It literally would be a service to society and the economy if big parts of detroit would b destroyed.

I dont think detroit should be on that list anymore. There is nothing there of value. It literally would be a service to society and the economy if big parts of detroit would b destroyed.

Like I said dated document.

i don't take large cities for granted when it comes to nuclear detonation..for example.if japan decided to bomb us.wouldn't they aim for at least most of the big cities?

Not just dated, there is something odd about that list. As far as I know, the last time Chattanooga, TN was of any strategic importance was when Lookout Mountain was captured during the Civil War. I'm sure the people in South Carolina would love to know that the Chattanooga Choo-Choo has more strategic importance than ANYTHING in their entire state. And if you just HAVE to hit something in Mississippi, the Pascagoula shipyards or the Grand Gulf nuclear plant would be much higher priority than anything in Jackson.

Here is a link to the list in map form:
http://standeyo.com/News_Files/NBC/Top_120_Cities.html

Last edited:
Not just dated, there is something odd about that list. As far as I know, the last time Chattanooga, TN was of any strategic importance was when Lookout Mountain was captured during the Civil War. I'm sure the people in South Carolina would love to know that Chattanooga has more strategic importance than ANYTHING in their entire state. And if you just HAVE to hit something in Mississippi, the Pascagoula shipyards or the Grand Gulf nuclear plant would be much higher priority than anything in Jackson.

Here is a link to the list in map form:
http://standeyo.com/News_Files/NBC/Top_120_Cities.html

Thanks for the map. I wonder about it too. Yes, Pascagoula or Grand Gulf would be mine too...possibly they represent not only mid-large population centers but are "SOFT TARGETS" or good entry points for the terrorists...who knows. Pretty bothersome for me, since my daughter attends college at Lubbock. Hence, why she has her BOB and NBC gear...not that it will do her any good, if she's in an enclosed or public place and some wacko decides to launch a bio attack.

Hope all is well with you.

I guess knocking out Jackson would create a transportation problem since it is known as the "Crossroads of the Deep South." But Chattanooga? I still haven't figured out what that will accomplish.

I guess knocking out Jackson would create a transportation problem since it is known as the "Crossroads of the Deep South." But Chattanooga? I still haven't figured out what that will accomplish.

Haven't a clue my friend. I'll tell you if I see anything when we pass through Jackson on our way to Disney World and Panama City.

yeah..unless there's something in Chattanooga that we dont know about.i dont know either

I heard there was a " incedent " at the Oak Ridge Nuclear facility 12/17/2014 around 10: am that emergemcy responce team had to respond to and more news would follow . Anyone hear anymore ? Something about the y12 part ?

Of course Daytons on that list :( WPAFB..... Major Air Force research center and airbase....

Tampa is a given. MacDill AFB. It's a Strategic Air Command base, so yep, definitely a target. Luckily, we're far enough away that it would take some pretty big nukes hitting Tampa to affect us directly, or even initial radiation, but there's always wind to factor....

However, prime nuclear targets would really be:
1. Our missiles (and anti-missile defenses)
2. Our Command and Control centers
3. Our Long Range capabilities (bombers, naval, etc.)
4. Defense Manufacturing

Civilian centers would be pretty low on the priority list, and most of the nuclear powers have a LOT less missiles these days when picking targets.

I know Chattanooga is a major Rail Road hub and with all the TVA projects around it could make it a target to disrupt the power grid for much of the mid South . Not sure if anything else would make it a target but it is just across the Mnt range from me .

and i would be looking for a way out,if i lived in either one of them city's...

Latest posts

Back