12 Hours Before The End Of The World? That’s All The Warning We’d Get Before A Solar Storm, Says New

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Can you cram in 12 hours all the survival essentials you would need to save your family for several months?

That’s all the warning you would have before a solar storm takes out the power grid, according to a new government report from the United Kingdom.

The Space Weather Preparedness Strategy report revealed that the warning could be as little as 12 hours before a coronal mass ejection (CME) hits Earth and sends us all back to a 1800s existence.

It typically takes one to three days for a CME to arrive, and predictions are accurate to within about six hours.

“Generally speaking, the faster the ejection, the greater the potential impacts,” the report said. “The [1859] Carrington Event, for example, travelled to Earth in as little as 18 hours. It is therefore likely that our reasonable worst case scenario would only allow us 12 hours from observation to impact.”

http://www.offthegridnews.com/grid-...wed-get-before-a-solar-storm-says-new-report/

Well soon to be magnetic shielding in the holiday home and mini cooper coupe will protect them and the star fort swartberg is already shielded so I'm good.

Solar storm isn't much of a problem, just turn it off, unplug the device from all exterior sources.

True enough. Different than a weaponized EMP weapon effect. Still though, this would still take out infrastructure as you can't turn it all off, and that's where the problem really is.

I would be more concerned about theft and night crawlers then the solar storm itself

Once the street lights go out, we're in for some pretty rough nights alright. I give it 3 nights after the event before the rioting and looting begins, and I'm probably being generous.

im thinking,no more then 2 nights of no electric,for those that cant and/or don't cook.on account they wont have a way to heat their store bought spaghetti or beef ravioli..

I've read that it could take a year plus to repair the U.S. Grid after a major flare. I don't think there would be anything left of the major cities by then. I also think of all the skyscrapers, with no running water or windows that open. Remind me why people live in large cities again?

id be surprised if it took them to get the power grid up n going again,in less then 3 years...and they live in large cities on account,they dont know any better..

the government,well what's left of it would be digging mass graves..people would starve to death....and it would be a bummer to miss contact with DPF and you guys and gals.

we can always go back to carrier pigeons or adapt pony-express over here....or take one illegal and tell him that take this letter over there..you'll find a wonder wall which gives you free money ;)

Ever heard of Mike Tyson he trains racing and carrier pigeons. Another up side is that the petrol stations would malfunction and anyone could take any fuel they want simply by pulling the trigger.

Latest posts

Back