Work this week

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

Awesome Friend
VIP Supporter
Neighbor
The Bonaroo music fest is held in the town I work in , I work in a busy place thats open to the public . This town becomes a mess every year this week . You would not believe some of the stuff We deal with .

The Bonaroo music fest is held in the town I work in , I work in a busy place thats open to the public . This town becomes a mess every year this week . You would not believe some of the stuff We deal with .

We stay away from I24. They changed my husband' s jazz show taping in Nashville because the CMA Fest people are taking over the studio. It's a horrible weekend from Nashville to Alabama travel wise.

When my daughter was in Vanderbilt, we made that trip up I24 to Nashville many times but I hated it. When I drove, I went over to Montgomery and then straight up I65.

I use the hiway and couple of rual roads to get back and forth to work . I live a County over .
Bonaroo brings millions of dollars in to that little town but it is a mess .

I can relate to the heavy traffic jam issue. Just today on my 20 mile drive home from town I saw 3 cars, several deer, some elk and about 100 range cows.

I can relate to the heavy traffic jam issue. Just today on my 20 mile drive home from town I saw 3 cars, several deer, some elk and about 100 range cows.

Haha. Actually, on the way to school, we guess how many turkeys, bunnies, deer, etc we will see. That's why I stay close to home and don't hang in the city. My husband works in Nashville and he and everyone else hates the traffic.

When my daughter was in Vanderbilt, we made that trip up I24 to Nashville many times but I hated it. When I drove, I went over to Montgomery and then straight up I65.

Going I65 to Nashville you have to drive through one of the top 3 fastest growing cities/counties in the US. Going up I24 to Nashville you go through another of the fastest growing counties. This area has been in a major boom for the last few years.

Haha. Actually, on the way to school, we guess how many turkeys, bunnies, deer, etc we will see. That's why I stay close to home and don't hang in the city. My husband works in Nashville and he and everyone else hates the traffic.
I used to have business that would take me from Indianapolis through Louisville, Nashville, Birmingham down to Pensacola and over to Norfolk. Except for some nice restaurants I don't miss anything back east.

Psalm, can you see the smoke from the factory fire? It looks as though it would smell horribly
No . I would have except I left work just before it started and it was put out in about 2 hours . I could have seen it from where I work .

20180607_123802.jpg

I 24 almost shut down , glad Im not on it .

Every year after this event alot of Locals offer to work on the clean up crew . Lot of camping gear and even cars,trucks left at the site . Except fot last year They usually find a Body or 2 in a tent or sleeping bag . Alchol , drugs and this hot Southern sun just puts Them to sleep and They never wake up . Before the gates opened on Wednesday night the area around work was like a refugee camp .

we used to live in the same area that held the Glastonbury Festival, the day they opened the doors the whole country grinds to a halt and the same when they leave, and the garbage they leave behind has to be seen to be believed.
and before anyone makes any remarks about "hippies" they aren't hippies, real hippies cant afford the ticket prices they charge, these are people with access to serious money playing at it.

Every year after this event alot of Locals offer to work on the clean up crew . Lot of camping gear and even cars,trucks left at the site . Except fot last year They usually find a Body or 2 in a tent or sleeping bag . Alchol , drugs and this hot Southern sun just puts Them to sleep and They never wake up . Before the gates opened on Wednesday night the area around work was like a refugee camp .

Husband and were discussing the difference in CMA Fest and Bonaroo is that at CMA, people can go inside a store etc and get cool. At Bonaroo, you are going to be at the mercy of 90°+ weather and dehydration will be rampant.

Latest posts

Back