What Bug Out Bag should i buy & what are the top 10-15 items to have inside it.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AestheticPrepping

Reaction score
Hello, i'm new to prepping (Literally just about to start in a month or so), can anyone tell me some excellent bug out bags and what are the top 10-15 items that are mandatory to have inside your bag for survival.
I'm not clueless when it comes to thing that are needed but i would like to know more things to possibly add to a bug out bag. The things that i can think to put in my bug out bag when i purchase one are
1. Water
2. Multiple knives and i also have a Kukri knife that is pretty big that can be used for cutting trees etc.
3. Gun & Ammunition, i don't have a weapon at this time but i'm plan on buying a Glock 19 or 23 very soon but i can't decide if i should get the 9mm or the 40 cal.
4. Fire starters, (Matches, lighters, cotton, flint and steel starters, the magnesium striker kind.
5. Cotton blanket
6. Water filtration stuff like, life straw or sawyer water filters, maybe get both.
7. First aid kit
8. Rope bracelet thing.
9. Food

That's basically all i can think of on the top or my head so if anyone can recommend more stuff and a good quality bag it will be much appreciated.

set of spare clothes,those you have on you might get wet and having dry stuff on you is a blessing :)
a good flashlight is nice and a light tarp,you'll make a nice tent of it.

set of spare clothes,those you have on you might get wet and having dry stuff on you is a blessing :)
a good flashlight is nice and a light tarp,you'll make a nice tent of it.

Thank you, i will add a LED flashlight and stuff like that & the tarp is nice.

and a good bag is needed,there are guys here with military background and they should know which way to go and if this old goat don't remember wrong Silent Bob have posted a pdf about these, should be somewhere in the gear section.

the flashlight you get,might make sure it's one that can be kept on your person..as well any other items that you can keep on your person.instead of in the bag..this way,you can have something else in the bag.a good first aid kit is always idea to have

AP the CORE essential tools/ kit etc must NOT go in your Bug Out Bag, they must go about your person. Just imagine if you lost or could not get to your Bug Out Bag, you have to make do with what you have on your. We call this EDC ( Every Day Carry) This usually involves.

Pistol plus mag
Lock knife
Multi tool
Watch
Wallet
Paracord Bracelet
Sharpie and notebook
Lighter
LED tactical Flashlight
Bandana
Shades
Mini Compass
Strip of water puri tabs
Cell Phone with Radio, GPS and Maps installed
Often a micro First aid kit plus your personal script medicines.
Often a pair of gloves and a hat
Couple of ration bars.

the rest can go in your BOB/ INCH/GHB as required.

If I had to limit to 10

1. Metal Water Bottle (so you can boil in it)
2. Water Filter Straw
3. Ration Bars
4. Small First Aid Kit
5. Good, fixed blade knife
6. Pistol with ammo
7. Crank-Radio/Flashlight/Phone Charger
8. Solar E-Reader (with a lot of survival pdfs)
9. Paracord
10. Lighter

yeah it is a good idea.especially the part for the handle.on account it looks like that it'll fit diff size handles and lengths..and the parts for diff size nuts n bolts is a good idea as well.then there's the blade on top.it looks like it'd be good for cutting ropes and seat belts if needed.all n all.it does look like a good tool to have..

Latest posts

Back