Outdoors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

Awesome Friend
VIP Supporter
Neighbor
I don't usually get out in the woods until fall or later due to snakes ticks mosquitoes and such but went for a little hike today . Its dry this creek dries up every summer .
20180609_130732.jpg
20180609_125641.jpg

How could you be dry, we must have gotten all your rain here. Helen was just flooded near here and they had to close the river from tubing as it was too high and fast in the chattachoochi.

No rain here either. Until next week....

Last time I looked, it was 95 degrees and humid as hell.

We had some areas flooded just a couple weeks ago . It doesn't take long to dry out this time of year . We may get rain Monday and Tuesday if not Im going to have to start watering the garden .

Yesterday started out warm and clear, in the mid 60's. By noon the wind came up, the temp dropped 20 degs and it started to rain. Me and my hired man stopped work on the fence and had a few beers waiting to see if the rain would stop. It didn't. Overnight the rain turned to snow. Right now it's in the low 40's, partly cloudy and windy.
I'm in the outdoors 24/7 and love just about everything about it. But there are times when I feel the need to take some time away from the mountains.
The wife will be home in about 3 weeks. She decided that we need to take a trip to Portland for a few days to visit her family. I'm actually looking forward to it, even though I know that after getting stopped at the first traffic light I'll be ready to come home.

Psalm I had 3" in 2 hours this a.m. did it hit Bonaroo. We had a flood advisory
We had a little rain today just a few miniutes. Im not at work today so I don't know if They got rain in that area . In years that it did rain on the rock fest they track mud from where the trolleys let them off to where ever they go .

it is hot here during the day the nights get down to 70 or less,,so far it has not been as wet this year as last,,,I get tired of the rain

We have settled into a pattern of weather that seems to be completely normal for this time of year. Brief rain once or twice a week. Not too hot (highs around 90). Of course that means the skeeters are out in full force...like normal...:rolleyes:
Since I live at the lake, I usually wear lounge pants after sundown when I'm hanging with the chickens. Lots of mosquitos

It's about time for us to go into our yearly drought. Lol

I will have to water the veggies almost daily very soon.
Thunder storms and heavy rain Tue morning and returning early Wed morning .
Im still going to start watering my bamboo. Its finally taking off good .

thunder storms have been forecast for Thursday, maybe it will cool down a bit after that, i'm not a lover of hot weather.

Latest posts

Back