Nature reminded me to "come back"

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dies Irae

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time no see. I hope you are all doing well. Its been some time since i last posted anything. Life got in the way and to be honest i almost forgot about this site :/

But on 24th last month nature reminded me how much is prepping important. Maybe you heard about it maybe you didnt. Czech Republic had a F4 tornado.

https://www.google.cz/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57605651.amp
I never seen one or even expected to see a tornado here. Guess its one more thing to keep in mind.

And to top it off .. 3days after the tornado we had another supercell pasing through. 1st time ive seen the "sprite"

Red lightning, or more commonly known as sprites, is an electrical discharge that appears as a burst of red light above the clouds during a thunderstorm. ... While an ordinary lightning bolt can stretch to up to 10 kilometers from the cloud down to the ground, a red lightning can reach as much as 50 kilometers tall.

Weather is gettin weirder every year.

Sorry for the long rant. Im glad to be back :)

Just proves that we should always be prepped to a certain degree. You never know what Mother Nature will throw at us.

I never seen one or even expected to see a tornado here. Guess its one more thing to keep in mind.

And to top it off .. 3days after the tornado we had another supercell pasing through. 1st time ive seen the "sprite"
Hello Dies Irae, long time no hear, glad to hear from you again. I watched the weather go right by us here and heard of the tornado hitting you there. Another one hit the town next to us 6 km away and another the town up the road 13 km. We got a hail storm and wind blew away lots of patio coverings and pavillions too. We were right in the middle of it all and got lucky or blessed to not have any damages here...

Sorry to hear that Dies Irae. An F4 going through a populated area is really bad. Growing up we had an F5 tear through my home town, leaving a 200 mile long path of death and destruction. It was called the "Candlestick Park Tornado" because it completely leveled the Candlestick Park shopping center. It's something you never forget.

Sorry to hear that Dies Irae. An F4 going through a populated area is really bad. Growing up we had an F5 tear through my home town, leaving a 200 mile long path of death and destruction. It was called the "Candlestick Park Tornado" because it completely leveled the Candlestick Park shopping center. It's something you never forget.
For me F4 was something terrifying to see. Cant even imagine what kind of monster the F5 is. Considering that we never had anything like this in here before its a small miracle that "only" 5 people died. On the other hand its nice to see that even in the middle of a pandemic the whole country is helping to rebuild the wrecked towns. People already donated more than 200million,workshops in a 20 km radius are completely sold out,hundreds of volunteers offering machinery or workers,the 2nd richest czech donated 100million by himself to those towns. Its nice to see that people here are not completely disconnected and still care about others.

Just proves that we should always be prepped to a certain degree. You never know what Mother Nature will throw at us.
I have to admit that it was a serious wake up call. Now i know that i have to consider prepping even for things that are not normal here. But with tornados i guess the only thing a man can do is get out of its way.

Hello Dies Irae, long time no hear, glad to hear from you again. I watched the weather go right by us here and heard of the tornado hitting you there. Another one hit the town next to us 6 km away and another the town up the road 13 km. We got a hail storm and wind blew away lots of patio coverings and pavillions too. We were right in the middle of it all and got lucky or blessed to not have any damages here...
Glad to hear you are safe and sound :)
Hopefully no more suprises like this in the near future. I just dont understand how is it possible that in more than 30 years we never had stuff like this in the middle of europe and now suddenly 2 supercells in 1 week.

Its good you got though that F4. Only way to prepare for those is to have an underground shelter near. Keep on prepping.

Over a decade after the Candlestick Park tornado, I worked at a factory that had taken a direct hit from that F5 tornado. Many of the people that had worked there at the time of the tornado still worked there and I got first hand accounts of what it was like. The office people went into the vault, but someone told them not to close the door all the way so it wouldn't get blocked by falling debris, so they held it cracked open and watched the building come down around them. People out on the factory floor dove under heavy machinery. The only fatality was someone who decided to make a run for it in his truck. But many people had been injured badly by flying debris and still had the scars.
After rebuilding the factory, they put warning lights and sirens inside the building that went off every time there was a tornado watch. Whenever that siren went off people immediately scrambled for cover.

I was driving down the road with my 2 kids and looked to my right and a tornado was running parallel to us. Didn't want to panic kids especially the Special one. Drove into a Hobby Lobby parking lot and ran to back of building.

there were numerous tornadoes and the roads home were closed so I hit the back roads and after hours finally made it home to see my husband sitting by the pool. Clueless

Latest posts

Back