LASIK /SUICIDE

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m impressed that you had the gumption to go back and try a second time! Most people that I’ve talked to said they get about a year of breathing clear before their nose stops back up. If it was a good chance of it never needing to be done again then I might consider the surgery, but as it is I just open my mouth a lot. My wife says I do that a lot anyways! Seriously, I figure there are a lot worse things than a clogged nose.

I wouldn't have it done, but the polyps block my passages and I can't get any air. I have one now that is so large you can see it . (If you care to look). Im going to hold off a few more years until both sides are blocked.

I wouldn't have it done, but the polyps block my passages and I can't get any air. I have one now that is so large you can see it . (If you care to look). Im going to hold off a few more years until both sides are blocked.
I guess I’m lucky as mine is mostly allergy related. I usually have about half a nostril open at a time at best, and it changes sides often. At least some air gets through usually though. I used to take drugs for it, rotating through all of them, but quit that a long time ago. None stayed effective more than a few days at best. Like I said though, there are a lot worse ailments than a clogged nose. I’m just glad I’m not in bed in pain like my wife is most days.

I guess I’m lucky as mine is mostly allergy related. I usually have about half a nostril open at a time at best, and it changes sides often. At least some air gets through usually though. I used to take drugs for it, rotating through all of them, but quit that a long time ago. None stayed effective more than a few days at best. Like I said though, there are a lot worse ailments than a clogged nose. I’m just glad I’m not in bed in pain like my wife is most days.

Sorry your wife is in pain Brent.

I've heard stories about Lasik being linked to suicide as well. I heard that it was failed procedure that caused pain and blindness and that drove the individual to suicide. However, my uncle had it and it worked fine for him; he is happy because he no longer needs glasses or contacts.

My father had it and it caused him a lot of problems. My daughter had it and thought it was great. She was extremely nearsighted, practically blind without her contacts, so for her it made sense. I'm just a little nearsighted, so for instance I could drive without my glasses if I had to. I am not tempted to get my eyes zapped...

My father had it and it caused him a lot of problems. My daughter had it and thought it was great. She was extremely nearsighted, practically blind without her contacts, so for her it made sense. I'm just a little nearsighted, so for instance I could drive without my glasses if I had to. I am not tempted to get my eyes zapped...
I know that in the early days of lasik there were a lot of people that had issues. Since then they now can pre screen most out that are not a good candidate. I don’t know the particulars, but like anything, with practice and experience it tends to get better. I’m still cautious of any medical procedure, but when you’re in a bad way sometimes it is worth the risk. If I can manage the symptoms of something without major inconvience then I’m less likely to consider a knife, laser or anything else.

I have considered Lasik surgery because my shooting is not as good it used to be. After having cataract surgery that did not go real well and after some of these stories, I am reconsidering. I remove my regular glasses to shoot (safety glasses in place) but the sight picture just is not real clear. I think I will upgrade my scope before I decide to go for the surgery.

Latest posts

Back