Is it time to stop using plastic water bottles??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wool, Cotton and hemp are all natural, those are a good choice and my prefer choice. The problem is expense, my cotton wool blend t-shirts are $18 a piece and harder to find locally, my wool shirt roughly $35+ Same for pants if not more and that's summer clothes. It's not hard to see why people seek alternative.
No doubt the cost is higher on natural fibre clothing, but they do last much longer. Some of my Carhartt heavy canvas shirts are over 20 years old. Same with my Filson coats, shirts and boots. Since they last much longer, buying quailty clothing is actually a bargin.

My son has tactile sensory problems and we had to work around that when he was younger. Definitely nothing itchy. He went through a stage where he would put one of my mom's satin nightgown around his neck because he liked the feel.

His paternal grandmother was afraid I was turning him gay by letting him rub the fabric. Lol. He still likes satin pillow cases though.

Mostly, he sticks with 100% cotton tees, flannel shirts and jeans and gym shorts. Not the stretchy jeans like a lot of women's are today.

We definitely aren't fashionistas. We are a very low maintenance family.

Bah, EVERYTHING will kill us eventually. I prefer not to live in fear...

*downs a bottle of water in a plastic bottle*

Seriously, I'm not concerned about this one at all. I'd worry more about the bacteria build up that comes from folks reusing one a lot. Me, I'll use one for the week and just refill it from the fountain. (I like the fact it's small, and has a screw on cap). About every other morning, I put a little hot water in it from the coffee maker, and swish it around to kill anything.

My son has tactile sensory problems and we had to work around that when he was younger. Definitely nothing itchy. He went through a stage where he would put one of my mom's satin nightgown around his neck because he liked the feel.

His paternal grandmother was afraid I was turning him gay by letting him rub the fabric. Lol. He still likes satin pillow cases though.

Mostly, he sticks with 100% cotton tees, flannel shirts and jeans and gym shorts. Not the stretchy jeans like a lot of women's are today.

We definitely aren't fashionistas. We are a very low maintenance family.

I understand this completely. I have Asperger's, which is a 'mild' form of autism. Autistic sensory issues are misunderstood and cause no end of conflict.

Clothing feels like ants crawling all over your skin, so this causes learning problems in school. Imagine, if you can, the idea of sitting for a math test while your skin is covered with crawling bugs. My parents would punish me for my school performance, when it was my autism.

If I can answer any questions (even in a private chat setting), letme know.

Latest posts

Back