I had a cold.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastenerWesterner

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I had a freakin cold.
A couple days ago, I had a headache. Very rare for me but I attributed it to 2 nights in a row of waking up for 2-3 hours and lack of sleep.

Started coughing, the sinus drained down the back of my throat in the night. All alarms started going off for my wife. As soon as I got up, she was taking my temp-97.8. Pulled out a Covid home test and told me I got to take it so she could go to work.

Texting her bosses, she revealed my vaccination status, symptoms and health to someone who doesn’t need to know about me.

She is a very private person and doesn’t want her health conditions revealed to family members. I go along. Why is my status any different?

Gonna be a huge conversation this weekend. My health status is not going to be available to the company she works for, just like I can’t say things to her family.

To me, this is the only way to end this craziness.

By the way, some Musinex to get rid of the congestion and I am fine.

I didn't think people were allowed to have just a cold anymore. . . . 🤪 Hope you feel better soon, Those Covid home test are not cheap from what I hear. Think I would have already had that conversation tonight and not wait for the weekend, unless she is gone until then? Even if it was over the phone I would have already said something, but that is me and what I would do.

I didn't think people were allowed to have just a cold anymore. . . . 🤪 Hope you feel better soon, Those Covid home test are not cheap from what I hear. Think I would have already had that conversation tonight and not wait for the weekend, unless she is gone until then? Even if it was over the phone I would have already said something, but that is me and what I would do.
She works 4 10-14 hr days. I have better success rate when I do it on the 3 day break.
IDK what the tests cost, but I have said her Company should pay.

I am fine still doing 90%, feel I should doing a 100. It’s a cold, I used to do 110% during a cold.

I had a freakin cold.
A couple days ago, I had a headache. Very rare for me but I attributed it to 2 nights in a row of waking up for 2-3 hours and lack of sleep.

Started coughing, the sinus drained down the back of my throat in the night. All alarms started going off for my wife. As soon as I got up, she was taking my temp-97.8. Pulled out a Covid home test and told me I got to take it so she could go to work.

Texting her bosses, she revealed my vaccination status, symptoms and health to someone who doesn’t need to know about me.

She is a very private person and doesn’t want her health conditions revealed to family members. I go along. Why is my status any different?

Gonna be a huge conversation this weekend. My health status is not going to be available to the company she works for, just like I can’t say things to her family.

To me, this is the only way to end this craziness.

By the way, some Musinex to get rid of the congestion and I am fine.

Oh wow, your not taking it serious enough, you should have taken a covid booster or 2, then prayed at the alter of Faucci.

Oh wow, your not taking it serious enough, you should have taken a covid booster or 2, then prayed at the alter of Faucci.
I had enough problems with the first 2 jabs. Not going through that again.
People will call me Anti Vax. I say anti everything about it now.
Even my liberal, medicine based wife will not argue anymore.

Tired, headache and a bit of a cough. They're the symptoms of the Moronic scariant according to the South African doc who let the cat out of the bag.
Thus the quandry ,
Need to protect the wife who has comorbidities For Covid. Why should I protect her privacy of comorbidities to people while my info is given up freely?

They don’t pay for my healthcare, we do. But they want to know about my health as it pertains to the health of the clinic.
Pay for my healthcare and maybe you have right to know.

This is a point of my whole post,
I agree 100% that’s what I was saying too, they really don’t have the right to know unless you want to share that info.
that should be your choice not there’s.
tell them to go pound sand.

It hasn’t been well received.
But I haven’t even played my ace either, HIPPA. As a wife, she should be respecting it. as a Dr, albeit DVM, she is required to follow it.
I will win.
Just a word to the wise, if you type HIPAA to your wife make sure you use two A's and not two P's, she can use that as an argument.
There is just no common sense anymore. I have a patient who tested positive for coronavirus OC63. While she is in fulminant respiratory failure, I don't believe that is the cause - it is more from sepsis from something else. I told her husband she did test positive for a strain of coronavirus and he scoffed at me - and started yelling on the phone accusing me of beefing up her diagnosis for more money (as they are antivaxxers) - until I told him its a common cold strain and different - then he thanked me for taking care of her.
Everyone is so on edge, and everything is just so crazy. I don't know how we will ever get back to a "normal" again.

Just a word to the wise, if you type HIPAA to your wife make sure you use two A's and not two P's, she can use that as an argument.
There is just no common sense anymore. I have a patient who tested positive for coronavirus OC63. While she is in fulminant respiratory failure, I don't believe that is the cause - it is more from sepsis from something else. I told her husband she did test positive for a strain of coronavirus and he scoffed at me - and started yelling on the phone accusing me of beefing up her diagnosis for more money (as they are antivaxxers) - until I told him its a common cold strain and different - then he thanked me for taking care of her.
Everyone is so on edge, and everything is just so crazy. I don't know how we will ever get back to a "normal" again.
thanks for the advice. If do something wrong to a grammar police, I blame spell check.
I agree we are all on edge. I don’t like the invasion of my privacy for the sake of the clinics health. It is the only 24hr place that didn’t shut down throughout this whole mess. I know who’s wrote the policies. That’s why she is fighting me so hard.
I miss normal.

Latest posts

Back