Hello everyone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjrfs

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm relatively new to prepping and glad I found this forum. I'm located in the Los Angeles area and prepping for apartment survival. Hope to learn lots of new things from everyone and share what I can!

Welcome to the forum. I would think that being in a large city when shtf would be last place you'd want to be. Have you considered bugging out?

Hello all, I'm relatively new to prepping and glad I found this forum. I'm located in the Los Angeles area and prepping for apartment survival. Hope to learn lots of new things from everyone and share what I can!
Welcome to the forum. I would think that being in a large city when shtf would be last place you'd want to be. Have you considered bugging out?
Welcome jjrfs. I totally agree with old-anorak that a large city would not be a place I would want to be when TSHTF. I wouldn't want to be in L.A. when the sh*t is not hitting the fan. i went to L.A. once when I was bounty hunting and swore I would never go back unless I could bring a bazooka. Some of them bast**ds there are plum nuts. At least the places I had to go. But really, if I were you I would try to concider a bugout plan, if you can. Big cities will be real bad. I don't want to be even in a small city.

Thank you everyone for the welcome! I definitely have thought of bugging out to a more rural area of California. My first thought was the local mountain ranges because they have water sources, but then I talked myself out of it thinking I'd just die in the wilderness with no medicines and the presence of mountain lions and such (I'm suburb and city raised). But perhaps I should reconsider, I've started a prelimary bugout bag already anyhow.

Would mountains or the desert be better for bugging out? The mountains would have more resources, but I feel like a lot of other people would also and I'd have less competition for (scarce) resources in the desert. Thoughts?

And Mastercajun: you've been bounty hunting?? AWESOME.

Hello from Orange County!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

The most important thing to be by or have close access to is water so any place you should have either a well natural or man-made, or a collection system like a water still or underground tank. Remember if its easy for you to get to its going to be easy for others to find!! The best sources are hidden from view on the ground or in the air and have multiple exits. If you are looking in the Angeles or San Bernardino mountains for possible B.O.L.'s you should be doing some serious reconnaissance hiking to find a place with a possible shelter and water source. Since we are on the subject animals like humans will always go the easiest way to water so if you find a good hidden area mark it and practice with a bow or cross bow so that you can save your munitions for when you really need them. Plus you won't give away your presence in that area. Whichever location you decide on you should also research the local plant life so that you can see what can be used as food, bait, medicine and building materials.

The most important thing to be by or have close access to is water so any place you should have either a well natural or man-made, or a collection system like a water still or underground tank. Remember if its easy for you to get to its going to be easy for others to find!! The best sources are hidden from view on the ground or in the air and have multiple exits. If you are looking in the Angeles or San Bernardino mountains for possible B.O.L.'s you should be doing some serious reconnaissance hiking to find a place with a possible shelter and water source. Since we are on the subject animals like humans will always go the easiest way to water so if you find a good hidden area mark it and practice with a bow or cross bow so that you can save your munitions for when you really need them. Plus you won't give away your presence in that area. Whichever location you decide on you should also research the local plant life so that you can see what can be used as food, bait, medicine and building materials.

Great tips for a BOL, thank you! I did buy a good foraging book for local plant life and am studying it from time to time. It's called "Edible and Medicinal Plants of the West." Lots of color photos and warns of toxic look-alike plants.

Great tips for a BOL, thank you! I did buy a good foraging book for local plant life and am studying it from time to time. It's called "Edible and Medicinal Plants of the West." Lots of color photos and warns of toxic look-alike plants.

Welcom Home. All I can suggest is ask questions, read every thing you can find, take notes, stock up, and plan, plan, plan!
As for BOL, semi arid desert is my choice. Still have natural resources but most people cant handle the heat.

Be well, prep well.

Latest posts

Back