from venezuela

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
The Venezuelan regime praised by Jeremy Corbyn is knocking three zeros off all its currency in a last-ditch effort to tame out-of-control inflation.

The country has seen prices soar by more than 2,350 per cent in the past year.

At present, the largest note is worth 100,000 bolivars, just enough for a cup of coffee. It will be replaced by a new 100-bolivar note, on June 4.

For years, the British Left hailed Venezuela as a shining alternative to capitalism. Mr Corbyn has long been a cheerleader for the regime and praised leader Hugo Chavez when he died in 2013.

Propped up by huge revenues from its oil reserves, the state embarked on a spending spree. But an unexpected drop in oil prices triggered crippling food and medicine shortages.

The currency has crashed by 99.99 per cent against the dollar since April 2013.

I've never really had issues with politicians, they're all much of a muchness but Jeremy Corbyn scares me. To the point we have already made a contingency plan of what we will do as a family should he ever win an election. Frankly, I find him a far bigger threat to the UK and our way of life than anything we might think we are staring at in the present.

Latest posts

Back