BEWARE OF GOOGLE CHROME

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6493

Awesome Friend
VIP Supporter
Neighbor
today I went to facebook and it took forever to load,so I cleared all my history with CC cleaner and then went on Google to do the same....that is when I discover a link to other google history so I decided to check it out,,,,I WAS SHOCKED AND THEN OUTRAGED ,,,,,, at how much was stored on this hidden link,there was 7 years of history sitting there ,I spent 45 minutes deleting this crap,,,,,

I will be checking out other Browser here shortly,,,,,

Sad thing is you can't delete it, deleting just means you can't see it. Google still has it.

Im normally against gov. intrusion, but I'd love to see some privacy legislation with teeth.

We shouldn't be forced to NOT go online to control our own information, but that's how it is for now

All Chrome knows (history wise) is I go to netflix or amazon. Those are the only two sites I will use chrome for, Opera for almost everything else. Even then I dump the history file just for fun. I use Duckduckgo for searches. Screw Google or Alphabet or what ever they want to call themselves.

All Chrome knows (history wise) is I go to netflix or amazon. Those are the only two sites I will use chrome for, Opera for almost everything else. Even then I dump the history file just for fun. I use Duckduckgo for searches. Screw Google or Alphabet or what ever they want to call themselves.
I use Duck Duck Go as well as Ghostery on my phone and I have a VPN... I am still leery.

I use Duck Duck Go as well as Ghostery on my phone and I have a VPN... I am still leery.

Trust not and you will not be deceived. I don't completely trust any of the browsers / search engines or even the VPN's but something is better than nothing. I use 1 VPN I pay for and a second that comes free with Opera. I also use Ghostery and another similar program. I use encrypted Protonmail and I have use an encryption software program for my hard drive, personal files. With all that being done, is my system secure, heck no. Do not use the internet or put anything on your computer /phone / tablet that you don't want anybody else to read. I just like to make it harder for the snoops. :p :D

Since I don't plan to run for office or plan to build a career, the powers to be are free to hunt down this info. All they have to do if follow my convoluted bread crumbs. More fun for me then them.

I stopped using google a couple or several months ago, Amazon and Facebook are as bad. I'm ordering less and less from Amazon and spending a couple bucks more from small stores in the Midwest and a lot I'm finding in Idaho, Utah and Montana, half the time at the same price as Amazon is selling. Facebook I don't have.

If you can't hide, then misdirect. It won't stop them but it is more fun to keep them looking for that rabbit in the hat.

Use Tor browser. It uses Mozilla Firefox and Duck Duck Go through Tor to protect your searches, does not save history or cookies or anything like that. It is kind of annoying when you keep having to log in again and again, but you know you are safer. Plus, it gives all sorts of tips on how to protect your data online.

TOR is my fall back browser when I want to research subjects that might interest or peak the interest of certain agencies. General usage is Opera with VPN turned on. Researching firearm companies is Firefox. Movie streaming is Chrome (Netflix and Amazon Prime only). I never use google search for anything. I also have my personal VPN turned on at all times, even with TOR. I like to make the snoops work for their money.

Latest posts

Back