1MTon+10Mton air-burst explosion near my home

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can play some games or use it as calculator/watch. Also there maybe will be a mobile net coming up in time. The military has maybe back-up systems that are EMP-safe.

This is why all my redundant comms gear is tube equipment.
Mine too, problem is in powering them after an EMP.

That's why I bought two R-392's and I'm looking for a T-195 transmitter to go with it. I love my R-390A's, but they won't be much use without a good 120v power supply.

There are diesel-generators that you can start with a wrench, they have no electronics. I saw one second-hand a week ago. They are considered EMP-safe.
This is some reading: https://globaljournals.org/GJRE_Volume17/3-Protection-of-Diesel-Generator.pdf
Here is a part of the text:
1648869604974.jpeg

Thats a valid question. I try to plan to have fuel and food for 1 year, and after that I hope we have som kind of organization comming up. But I am not sure of this and if not I have to re-plan.

Solar panels charging a few batteries? All of the ham gear I have will also run on 12volts direct and my Zenith T.O.'s can run on internal batteries.
Solar panels are sensitive to EMP maybe? In a nightmare-scenario the sky will be so dark that the sun is blocked perhaps, God forbid.

Solar panels charging a few batteries? All of the ham gear I have will also run on 12volts direct and my Zenith T.O.'s can run on internal batteries.
All solid state radios will have to be shielded, as well as the controllers for the panels.

Which is why we were discussing tube radios, but there again you have to have a way to power them. Inverters work, but are also solid state.

Hence my comment.

All solid state radios will have to be shielded, as well as the controllers for the panels.

Which is why we were discussing tube radios, but there again you have to have a way to power them. Inverters work, but are also solid state.

Hence my comment.
Yeas, I understand. All this equipment can be stored in a metall casing so chanses are they survive EMP. But I dont know, maybe solar panels is the way to go. I have some solar panels.

Yeas, I understand. All this equipment can be stored in a metall casing so chanses are they survive EMP. But I dont know, maybe solar panels is the way to go. I have some solar panels.
Maybe, but always keep a mind of the second EMP after the first one.

If I was a person who was gonna nuke EMP someone, I'd do another one not long after just to make sure.

Tube radios are not immune to EMP. The vacuum tubes themselves might be but vacuum tube radio equipment can and has been damaged by high altitude nuclear EMP, especially if it's powered up during the EMP. In the Russian tests in 1962 over Kazakhstan, nearly all the radios used vacuum tubes. In 1962, other than small consumer transistor radios, the only solid state components in common use were selenium rectifiers in radio power supplies and the Soviets did not have the technology to make them. Tube radios were knocked out over a 600 km radius, and a (tube) radar installation was knocked out 1000 km away.

Tube radios are not immune to EMP. The vacuum tubes themselves might be but vacuum tube radio equipment can and has been damaged by high altitude nuclear EMP, especially if it's powered up during the EMP. In the Russian tests in 1962 over Kazakhstan, nearly all the radios used vacuum tubes. In 1962, other than small consumer transistor radios, the only solid state components in common use were selenium rectifiers in radio power supplies and the Soviets did not have the technology to make them. Tube radios were knocked out over a 600 km radius, and a (tube) radar installation was knocked out 1000 km away.
The electric grid is the worst and all things will probably be fryed if connected. Also waterpipes will get charged, long conductors pick up a lot of electromagnetic energy.

Here is my EMP-shield, its 0,5m3 stainless steel. I will get rid of the rubber gasket and use maybe Al-foil between the lid and box.
E5FBFB50-0D65-4368-BF0C-E6B25456C43D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back